Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "My Pages" Who uses them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22my-pages%22-who-uses-them-t81136.html)

trueimage 12-07-2010 05:38 PM

Is this better than using bookmarks? I use bookmarks to find posts that I may later want to refer to. How is My Pages different?

SewExtremeSeams 12-07-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by trueimage
Is this better than using bookmarks? I use bookmarks to find posts that I may later want to refer to. How is My Pages different?

Good question. I use bookmarks but there are so many to mark. When I look them up the bookmarks aren't organized into categories. So, the My Pages might be a way to do that. :-D

I started my first category today for a quilt I saw that was outstanding in the creativity and how she got there. I might start another one tomorrow titled "binding" or "needle/thread info". Apparently, you can open a category with a title and continue to add to that page each time you have more info.

You can look at my profile and go down to the bottom of the page and click on 'user's pages' and then open the one titled page I have to read the notes I made.

trueimage 12-07-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Good question. I use bookmarks but there are so many to mark. When I look them up the bookmarks aren't organized into categories. So, the My Pages might be a way to do that. :-D

I started my first category today for a quilt I saw that was outstanding in the creativity and how she got there. I might start another one tomorrow titled "binding" or "needle/thread info". Apparently, you can open a category with a title and continue to add to that page each time you have more info.

You can look at my profile and go down to the bottom of the page and click on 'user's pages' and then open the one titled page I have to read the notes I made.

I see! Thanks for sharing that! I'll have to weed through my bookmarks and create my pages. Wow! What a great idea!

SewExtremeSeams 12-09-2010 12:17 PM

Veronica, I have created a few 'my pages' with categories. Feel free to look at my profile and open the list for 'user's pages'. You can then open any of those pages and see what I have made notes on. Hope this helps. :-D

nativetexan 12-09-2010 01:17 PM

I've not used it yet, just bookmarked.

trueimage 12-09-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Veronica, I have created a few 'my pages' with categories. Feel free to look at my profile and open the list for 'user's pages'. You can then open any of those pages and see what I have made notes on. Hope this helps. :-D

Thanks! I'll do that!