Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Preferred" parking...grrr! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22preferred%22-parking-grrr-t86772.html)

quiltmom04 01-01-2011 11:32 AM

I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!

Sadiemae 01-01-2011 11:33 AM

Our Mall has its own security That drives around all day, and they tow them.

Blue's quilting mama 01-01-2011 11:50 AM

Ok, I park there to let off my elderly parents ....but....don't stay there...I go find a parking place after they get out.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-01-2011 11:54 AM

Some people think the rules only apply to other people!!!

Joan 01-01-2011 12:01 PM

Just think of it this way---you park a little farther away and all that walking will make you healthier than the guy not following the rules. (who will probably have a heart attack tomorrow)

tjradj 01-01-2011 12:07 PM

There will always be those people who think the rules don't apply to them because "I'm just going in for a second." Just keep smiling and remember Karma will get them in the end. They'll also be the ones stuck in a blizzard for three days because the weather warnings "didn't apply to them " either.
LOL, and safe in my driveway.

Ramona Byrd 01-01-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!

-------------------------------------------------------------
AND the Handicapped parking. I absolutely despise the healthy people who park there, with or without Grandpa's parking pass hung on the mirror. And then they get out and trot to the store. When I get angry they merely shrug and say that it was the only close parking space there!! I've pushed my late DH's wheelchair half a block in pounding rain to get to a doctor's office, and in the sun and wind when he wanted to go to a special store, while younger healthy people parked near by in
the handicapped parking spaces.
Once when I was chewing a young man out a meter reader came along and asked if it was HIS parking pass. And he got an expensive ticket while several older people and I stood and almost cheered. I think the ticket at that time was about $170 or so, YEAH!!

nativetexan 01-01-2011 12:59 PM

go in and report to the mgr and they should call the mall cop!

Cyn 01-01-2011 01:02 PM

They get fined and towed here so I've heard. I don't park close so I have to walk farther. Every little step helps:)

quiltmom04 01-01-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Joan
Just think of it this way---you park a little farther away and all that walking will make you healthier than the guy not following the rules. (who will probably have a heart attack tomorrow)

Haha! Good point!