Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In Reward Program" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-reward-program%22-t37981.html)

Lneal 02-26-2010 03:24 AM

Some have expressed interest in a reward/incentive plan for losing the most weight in a month's time and the winner receiving a fq from each one participating. This will be based on the honor system and each person will be truthful about their total weight loss for the month. The choice will be solely up to you to join in, but here is the way it will work.

All participants are voluntarily joining to lose weight and competing to be the top loser for the month of March. The winner will receive a fat quarter from the other participants. If there is a tie the fat quarters will be divided up equally. After everyone has sent a pm with the total pounds lost, for the time period, a winner will be determined and posted on the same thread.

We will begin tracking our weight on March 1st and continuing through March 28. Then on March 29 it will be the time to pm with the total weight loss. On April 1, the winner will be posted. It will then be the responsibility of the losers to contact the winner with details on how to send the fat quarter.

Those who wish to participate will be the ones who post to this new thread. The original thread "Weigh In" will continue as it always has for everyone, so that we can get the encouragement and support we need from each other.

All you need to do to get started is acknowledge that you are joining in with us by posting on the thread today. Weigh yourself and keep track of your pounds lost.

Thanks for your participation

Linda :-D :D

trupeach 02-26-2010 03:47 AM

COUNT ME IN :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

carolevidak 02-26-2010 05:11 AM

Yup, count me too!

Carole

CrystalKicks 02-26-2010 05:38 AM

Hmmm...I have to go dress shopping in april for my brothers wedding...seems like this is even more incentive...count me in!!

laparshall 02-26-2010 05:57 AM

I need some more fat quarters. I'm in! Good luck everyone.
Linda

Sharon - NC 02-26-2010 07:05 AM

Sounds really good! I'm in. Do you think it might be better to do percentage lost rather than pounds? Some of us who have a lot to lose (me, me!) can lose more faster than someone who doesn't have as much to lose. Just a thought.

Lneal 02-26-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon - NC
Sounds really good! I'm in. Do you think it might be better to do percentage lost rather than pounds? Some of us who have a lot to lose (me, me!) can lose more faster than someone who doesn't have as much to lose. Just a thought.

We will stick with lbs lost vs percentages. Maybe next time we can split it up into different levels according to lbs to lose. Say if you have 50 or more lbs to lose compared to 50 or less lbs. Anyone who participates on this thread for March will have to consider someone may lose faster. This should be fun and a little incentive may be what we all need.

LovingIzabella 02-26-2010 07:40 AM

Yes I would have to agree with Sharon. I have a lot to loose so I might be able to loose more pounds but not necessarily a larger percentage than someone who has less than myself. I am in....I need something to work for me or I fear I may stroke out or something :-(
Hugs
April

yourstrulyquilts 02-26-2010 07:47 AM

Well, I need to get rid of some weight , AND some fat quarters, so I'm in, too.

karielt 02-26-2010 09:00 AM

I'm in.... finely an incentive that will work for me :)