Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ~~ Living in New England ~~ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%7E%7E-living-new-england-%7E%7E-t35902.html)

QBeth 02-03-2010 11:40 AM

It's winter in
New Hampshire
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At
Twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love New Hampshire
When the snow's up to
Your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen
Shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang
Around
I could never leave New Hampshire
'Cause I'm frozen to the
Ground!!

Lisanne 02-03-2010 11:52 AM

Aw, you're only in Nashua. It's not that cold there. Go up into the mountains, or try Wisconsin.

I loved NH (lived in Franconia and Nashua), am very jealous of your cold and snow!

It snowed - actually snowed - here in central PA last night. I was so excited, I went out at 1:00 a.m. to brush the snow off my car before it melted off this morning, just for a chance to be out in the snow, lol! (I'm not willing to go too far outside at 1:00 in the morning.)

mamaw 02-03-2010 11:57 AM

Wow, I am your neighbor in Maine and we aren't having a winter like that LOL.

QBeth 02-03-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Aw, you're only in Nashua. It's not that cold there. Go up into the mountains, or try Wisconsin.

I loved NH (lived in Franconia and Nashua), am very jealous of your cold and snow!

Your reply sounds like mine to a co-worker based in Florida. He was complaining that his pool was frozen. My reply... "boo hoo! Cue the violins!!" Sympathetic, huh? :-)

Yes, there are many places colder than here, especially in our friendly little mountain range. What I find really amusing are the people, tourist and local, that go to the top of Mt. Washington, expecting it to be as warm as it is at the bottom!

My only excuse for this post is, I loved the poem and had to share.

Hey, how come you left NH? From what I hear, you're getting worse weather than we are because a Canadian high is keeping the yucky stuff south of us.

QBeth 02-03-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne

Your reply sounds like mine to a co-worker based in Florida. He was complaining that his pool was frozen. My reply... "boo hoo! Cue the violins!!" Sympathetic, huh? :-)

Yes, there are many places colder than here, especially in our friendly little mountain range. What I find really amusing are the people, tourist and local, that go to the top of Mt. Washington, expecting it to be as warm as it is at the bottom!

My only excuse for this post is, I loved the poem and had to share.

Hey, how come you left NH? From what I hear, you're getting worse weather than we are because a Canadian high is keeping the yucky stuff south of us.

QBeth 02-03-2010 11:58 AM

Oops, my finger stuttered and I ended up with duplicate posting.

QBeth 02-03-2010 11:59 AM

Its one of those poems where you can substitute the name of any State, yes?

Lisanne 02-03-2010 05:40 PM

Maybe not New Mexico.

I'll PM you the leaving NH story.

I did enjoy your poem!

tlrnhi 02-04-2010 03:47 AM

Wish I could use it for living on the pebble!

barnbum 02-04-2010 03:49 AM

What a cute poem!! Did you write it??