Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   18" Doll Outfit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/18-doll-outfit-t196506.html)

Diannia 08-02-2012 09:09 AM

18" Doll Outfit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I made this little outfit last night. I got the pattern out of a book from Sewing with Nancy. It's called 30-Minute Doll Clothes and comes with a DVD as well. It was a lot of fun to make and although I spent most of the evening on it I know that the next one will only take 30 minutes for each piece like they are advertising...

I have 4 granddaughters that will be 7 yrs old this year and 1 that will be 5...I see me making a LOT of doll clothes for Christmas gifts this year...

Diannia

Deborahlees 08-02-2012 09:11 AM

cute....cute

snownannie 08-02-2012 10:57 AM

cute cute cute. I need to make my 6yr old GD some. Just she is always right by me so hard to do surprises for her.

lalaland 08-02-2012 11:14 AM

That is adorable.

Diannia 08-02-2012 12:16 PM

I know what you mean Snownannie...2 of my granddaughters usually spend Saturday night with me and it's hard to hide what I'm working on. They were supposed to be at my house today while their mom cleaned for me (I pay her every couple of weeks to come clean...gives her some spending money and me more sewing time since I work FT!) I hurried up and hid the doll and outfit before I left for work! I also have the problem that when I finish an outfit I'm so excited I want to give it to them right away instead of holding onto it until Christmas or their birthdays!!!

Diannia

burchquilts 08-02-2012 10:24 PM

That is darling! Your DGDs will love getting these! Do you like those patterns from Nancy? I don't have DGDs (yet! Maybe someday if I'm lucky!) but I do have my own dollies...

Diannia 08-03-2012 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5414433)
That is darling! Your DGDs will love getting these! Do you like those patterns from Nancy? I don't have DGDs (yet! Maybe someday if I'm lucky!) but I do have my own dollies...

This is the 1st one I made but so far I like it. I forgot the book at work yesterday so couldn't make any last night. Instead I resized some newborn pants and made leggings and then got out my brown felt and made a quick vest (to try out the size since I found the pattern on a blog and had to draw it out to size). DGD's are in Girl Scouts and so the dollies need their vests too! Now that I know it fits I'll go get some brown fabric and binding and do it up right....

Diannia

mudose8 08-04-2012 02:26 PM

Great job, so cute. I just made 2 A.G. swimsuits, got the free pattern at Liberty Jane. I used infant swimsuits I bought at the Dollar Store, then used pattern. Second one I just kinda winged it on my own.n G.D. loved them! You could use the top of the dress design as the top of the swimsuit, then just have to finish off the bottom for the suit.

SewExtremeSeams 08-06-2012 08:11 AM

Very cute. I bought the same book/dvd set recently but haven't started making the clothes. Should be fun!

romanojg 08-06-2012 12:19 PM

This was on Sewing with Nancy this morning. I'm planning on getting the book to start making them for my granddaughter. She made them look so easy.