Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   2011 starting off to be... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/2011-starting-off-t88455.html)

Moon Holiday 01-07-2011 01:18 PM

a lousy year. I got the crud on Christmas, my husband (who has serious asthma) got it 4 days later (but so far with all his asthma medication and antibiotics he seems to be handling it ok). When I spoke with my boss on Monday he has it and told me his wife has been in the hospital since 2 days after Xmas because the crud turned into pneumonia for her and then her lung collapsed. My granddaughter just phoned today to say she, her husband and 2 kids now have it. Out of the blue on Wednesday my Dad (who turns 84 on Feb. 5) called me to say he's been hospitalized (not with the crud) but with dizziness and heart arrhythmia... the latest test reveals a serious blood clot in his heart, so they've got him on blood thinners. Turns out his doctors banned me from visiting him because he says I'm still contagious. So here I sit, coughing and typing... I got arrogant on Sunday because I was feeling so much better... had one day of sewing and then got hit with sore throat, no energy and more coughing.

I've always told people that how the new year begins is a forecast of the whole year.... LET'S HOPE I'M COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
Thanks for letting me vent!

Carrie Jo 01-07-2011 01:30 PM

Just keep thinking to yourself that the worse is over. Hope you feel better soon. And I will keep your father in my prayers.

fidgety 01-07-2011 01:39 PM

For both of our sakes I HOPE YOU ARE WRONG!!!! Prayers foryou and your family going up!!

Quiltforme 01-07-2011 01:41 PM

Nope the worst is done with the rest of the year will be filled with joy and happiness!!!

donnajean 01-07-2011 01:54 PM

Well, I had the crud the week of Xmas & Xmas day. Now, I'm just dealing with terrible loss of balance, especially in the evening. It's as if I was out drinking all nite & I have not had a drop. Your making me nervous with your father's blood clot issue. I'm 67.

sall 01-07-2011 02:09 PM

Same here. I feel so weak and just want to sleep. I have not done any sewing at all, in fact I cannot even be bothered to read.I just want some energy. I am going away for a weeks holiday in a weeks time, but do not know whether I will be feeling up to it.

Lacelady 01-07-2011 02:31 PM

I really hope you feel better soon and are then able to visit Dad.

Moon Holiday 01-07-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Well, I had the crud the week of Xmas & Xmas day. Now, I'm just dealing with terrible loss of balance, especially in the evening. It's as if I was out drinking all nite & I have not had a drop. Your making me nervous with your father's blood clot issue. I'm 67.

My friend Deborah, who had the crud a couple of days before Xmas is now experiencing a loss of balance and her doctor said it is because the virus settled in her inner ear and the build up of fluid is causing the balance problem. I hope that is the same for you. Check with your doctor... because he/she could certainly give you something to lessen the fluid buildup. I don't know exactly what Deb's doctor prescribed other than an antibiotic for a secondary infection as well as something to lessen her fluid buildup. She said 3 days after taking it she's noticing a difference. Hopefully it will be the same for you. BTW... you are the same age as my hubby (2 yrs older than me.) We're still young....So remind yourself you and I still have many more years to sew....

Murphy 01-07-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Nope the worst is done with the rest of the year will be filled with joy and happiness!!!

I agree! Amen.

CarrieAnne 01-07-2011 02:53 PM

Hope your all better soon!