Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   6 year old local child in need of kidney transplant (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/6-year-old-local-child-need-kidney-transplant-t201464.html)

wordpaintervs 09-24-2012 07:36 PM

6 year old local child in need of kidney transplant

1 Attachment(s)
A doll had been given to this child who lives in my town. There have been those clear donation cannisters around town trying to raise money to help parents with expenses that will be occurred now with his 'treatements' and when/if a transplanted kidney becomes available. cajunquilt2 is making him a quilt and I made the boy doll he is holding. His grandma says he sleeps with it every night and loves it. He has named the doll Ted. I thought I'd share this with you, and hope you enjoy seeing Trent and Ted.

Vickey Stamps.

P.S. This makes a total of 117 dolls that have found a home and a child to love them. Hugs to you and yours.

Vickey

BETTY62 09-24-2012 07:40 PM

Vickey, how kind of you to make dolls for these kids. I'm sure they find great comfort in having them. God bless you and Trent.

Up North 09-24-2012 07:48 PM

Aww what a sweet litte boy and his new doll I am praying he gets a kidney soon!

wordpaintervs 09-24-2012 08:13 PM

Me too. Thank you for your caring replies.

Vickey Stamps

CajunQuilter2 09-25-2012 04:01 AM

aaawwweee, he is just PRECIOUS.....a blondie like my boys.:)Brings tears to my eyes. Can't wait for the fabric I ordered to get here so I can make his quilt.
Tell him grandmother thank you soooo much for sending us a picture.

quiltinggirl 09-25-2012 04:51 AM

How adorable! His grin definitely says he loves his doll you made. I will definitely keep this little one in my prayers. I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) so his illness hits close to home with me. God bless you for blessing others with your gifts. We can never do to much to help others in situations like this.

leakus 09-25-2012 06:41 AM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

wordpaintervs 09-25-2012 10:41 AM

re: Picture and upcoming quilt

Will do. I gave her an envelope with your home address on it so a thank you could come your way, when Trent gets his quilt. She thought he'd love having Hockey paraphenalia on the fabric...just for him.

Big hugs. Glad you got to see the picture.

Vickey

wordpaintervs 09-25-2012 10:43 AM

You are very welcome. Thanks for making that quilt for Jaeson.

Vickey

Originally Posted by leakus (Post 5540033)
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

wordpaintervs 09-25-2012 10:45 AM

I only do what I am able. I like being able to design and freely use that simplistic design to life some unwelcome discomfort from a childs life and that of its family. God bless you and thank you for those prayers for Trent and his family. I sure like your avitar. Did you make a quilt using that block or is it a whole quilt?

Vickey

Originally Posted by quiltinggirl (Post 5539805)
How adorable! His grin definitely says he loves his doll you made. I will definitely keep this little one in my prayers. I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) so his illness hits close to home with me. God bless you for blessing others with your gifts. We can never do to much to help others in situations like this.