Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   9/11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/9-11-a-t229926.html)

KwiltyKahy 09-11-2013 05:10 AM

9/11

GMA just observed a moment of silence for the victims of the 9/11 attack. I found myself tearing up and recalling the other catastrophic events in my lifetime. I think I will use this day to finish my QOV.

Tartan 09-11-2013 05:17 AM

I am remembering as well. I spent that day stunned and relieved as all the air traffic made it down safely in Canadian airports.

mighty 09-11-2013 06:29 AM

It was such a horrible day!

nativetexan 09-11-2013 06:50 AM

maybe this is why my friend in England has been so very down recently. she never gets the blues but couldn't shake this.

Jingle 09-11-2013 07:06 AM

Our mega news radio station had a moment of silence today. I had a hard time on that day thinking such evil people could do such a thing. After all the radio and TV coverage I did believe such evil people did exist. I think now there are lots more of them out there.

tessagin 09-11-2013 07:09 AM

I remember that day. I was getting ready for work and GMA went to break explaining an airplane flew into one of the towers and a they were filming it showed another fly into the other. I called my husband right away and told him to turn to MSNBC. I was trying to get ready through so many tears and starting all over again now. Clients were very patient that day and hugging. Those next few weeks we gave many haircuts away to the many young men and women who had enlisted in the service shortly after. One young man had just finished his tour of duty (6 years) and decided to re-enlist. He brought his 3 year old son in with him and he got a haircut just like Dad's. So many men and women have gone and returned and many have not. God Bless them all.

tessagin 09-11-2013 07:14 AM

There was a lot of praying going on in that salon that day and no one was offended. One of the clients got out her rosary while sitting under the hairdryer and a couple other ladies joined in. NO ONE WAS OFFENDED. Those who knew some of the prayers but were of other faiths joined in.

bearisgray 09-11-2013 07:21 AM

I wonder when humans will figure out that bombing someone else never fixes anything?

EllieGirl 09-11-2013 07:51 AM

I was teaching middle school at the time. I went to lunch and someone mentioned about planes crashing into the WTC. I thought maybe 7 passenger planes, then he said it was an attack. I turned the TV on in my classroom and followed the news and had my students watch it. We were all in shock. I had to hold it together at school. When I got home I just cried and cried. We watched it daily for about two weeks. We did activities to help the kids deal with this. Everyday for two weeks I cried when I got home from school.

EllieGirl 09-11-2013 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6286769)
I wonder when humans will figure out that bombing someone else never fixes anything?

Very true!!