Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Aaaahhhh internet at last!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/aaaahhhh-internet-last-t35190.html)

Pzazz 01-26-2010 02:13 PM

Our internet at home went out Saturday morning...before I was up!!! We were house bound for 3 days with a blizzard....and no internet!!! It felt very strange....but we did both get things done. DH got work done on his tractor, and I got most of a laptop quilt top put together. We even made home made pizza and watched a movie together!!! Our neighbour came by at 6:00AM to plow us out so we were able to get to work today.

Hope you all had a good weekend. I missed you. :(

Patti

Tiffany 01-26-2010 03:05 PM

Glad you are back with us!! I didn't have a blizzard but I did get hit with a computer virus last week and was without my computer. It definitely felt very strange! Actually, I think the word I'm looking for is discomboobulated. :lol:

amma 01-26-2010 03:24 PM

Glad that you are back online with us!!! :D:D:D

MamaBear61 01-26-2010 03:40 PM

welcome back

Ninnie 01-26-2010 03:45 PM

Glad you made it back!

Mousie 01-26-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Glad you are back with us!! I didn't have a blizzard but I did get hit with a computer virus last week and was without my computer. It definitely felt very strange! Actually, I think the word I'm looking for is discomboobulated. :lol:

Pzazz, so glad your back and that your neighbor came through, lol, for you! I know it was a long three days!
hugs:-D

Tiffany, sorry you had a virus. For some odd reason, having had a pc for about 7 1/2 years, I have just recently had my pc virus protection notify me 3 times, that they intercepted one and quarantined it! :shock:
I only come here and quilting sites :cry:
I never open forwards,...ever. I don't get it, unless somebody is slipping them in somehow with f. site newsletters? glad you overcame :thumbup:

beachlady 01-26-2010 04:33 PM

Glad you have your internet back and that your neighbor dug you out. My computer blew up again yesterday and I guess I just have to buy another one. Luckily I am able to use DH's!

littlehud 01-26-2010 06:42 PM

Glad to have you back.

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:09 AM

It used to be TV that was missed - now the world inside homes has grown so much bigger and it's quite stressful without internet. We were without for 5 days a couple of months ago because the server had a major problem - felt totally lost - and couldn't shop either!!

Pzazz 01-28-2010 11:56 AM

Thanks everyone. Good to reconnect!! So far, I am only back on while I am at work. The repair fella came out yesterday, and is coming back today with a partner. Apparently they have to replace the receiver on the top of our tower...a two person job. :( We were without tv for the first part of the w/end until the wind came up and blew the snow off the dish. I didn't mind that so much as I simply went to my sewing room!!! I will post pix of the latest quilt top once we are back up at home.

Tiffany, Mousie, and Beachlady...I'm sorry to hear you are also having 'puter problems. Sure hope everyone is back up to snuff soon.

Patti