Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Account Alert (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/account-alert-t99619.html)

sawsan 02-13-2011 08:36 PM

:?: :?: Did u all receive this Account Alert from hotmail?
Should i and every body fill the form?
I find it strange

Account Alert

Dear Valued Member,

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused and unconfirmed Hotmail Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Info below after clicking the reply botton, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

User Name: .................
Password: ......................
Date of Birth: ......................
Country Or Territory: ...................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before 48Hours of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Murphy 02-13-2011 08:38 PM

This is spam. Just delete it. Don't fill it out.

craftybear 02-13-2011 08:38 PM

that sounds like a scam, please do not fill it out!!!!!

Delete it!

Airwick156 02-13-2011 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by sawsan
:?: :?: Did u all receive this Account Alert from hotmail?
Should i and every body fill the form?
I find it strange

Account Alert

Dear Valued Member,

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused and unconfirmed Hotmail Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Info below after clicking the reply botton, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

User Name: .................
Password: ......................
Date of Birth: ......................
Country Or Territory: ...................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before 48Hours of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

NO DO NOT FILL THAT OUT. If it was legit....they would KNOW THAT INFORMATION ALREADY. Its a SCAM!!!! And if you read it...they left out a few words for one "in all hotmail users " for one...they left out the word "accounts". AND THE BIGGEST tip to me was them asking for my birthdate. THATS NOT THE SECURITY QUESTIONS THAT THEY ASK FOR. They ask for stuff like "what is your mothers maiden name, what is your favorite pets name, etc". NOT YOUR BIRTHDATE!!!

cashmommy11 02-13-2011 08:39 PM

don't fill it out its away for someone to get into your account

mom-6 02-13-2011 08:40 PM

Somehow I'm a bit skeptical about this too. There's a way to tell if the origin of an email is legit, but I don't remember how you go about looking for it.

GwynR 02-13-2011 08:40 PM

Don't do it! It's a scam!!! Mark it as phishing!

dellareya 02-13-2011 08:41 PM

Looks like a scam to me, especially when they ask for your name and password. Contact Hotmail and ask them about it.

Prism99 02-13-2011 08:41 PM

I would never respond to something like that. *Never* click on anything in an email like this. Delete it. The entire email is suspicious.

If it were the case that you needed to update your account, you would go directly to the Hotmail website yourself (by typing in the address yourself, or clicking on your usual favorites link) to see what the actual website says. You *never* click on a link in an email like this.

amma 02-13-2011 08:42 PM

All of these free sites purge old accounts periodically, usually if they are inactive for 6 months or so. They NEVER send out emails like this. It is a scam/spam to get your information. :D:D:D