Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Address (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/address-t64953.html)

lovequilts 09-15-2010 08:15 PM

I have a random question. I would love to share with others on this board but be totally anonouyus (sp) in doing so. How would you get thier addresses with out directly asking?

sharon b 09-15-2010 08:44 PM

For safety reason we don't publicly share address' So unless you ask directly there really isn't any way to get it , sorry

lovequilts 09-15-2010 09:27 PM

I understand but it's not a surprise then. Thanks SOOOO much for the reply Sharon.

cjomomma 09-16-2010 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I have a random question. I would love to share with others on this board but be totally anonouyus (sp) in doing so. How would you get thier addresses with out directly asking?

I had received a squishy from an anonymus(?) person but they got my addy from someone else. Some don't want others giving their addy out or else I would suggest finding someone who might have it. I'm one of those that don't care because no matter how much you google or gps my addy it just comes up as doesn't exsist. If you decide to try to find somebody with an addy you want make sure that they get permission to give the addy out.

dsb38327 09-16-2010 04:03 AM

If I have someones personal information I keep it for myself. We feel so close on the Quiltingboard it is hard to remember we are worldwide and we don't have to be a member to read the posts. I have seen members put their personal information in a post or response to a post and it gives me shivers. I would encourage everyone to keep their and other's information private to themselves.
Sorry about the surprise factor and appreciate the opportunity to give caution to others.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-16-2010 07:08 AM

I thought you could ask Admin or moderators if you want to surprise someone but I could be wrong.

tlrnhi 09-16-2010 07:14 AM

If the person you are asking for an address for has it and they feel comfortable giving it out, then sometimes they will. Most people who are asked for addys won't just give them out "nilly-willy". I know if someone asks me and I know that the 2 people don't really "know" each other, I will always go to the person and ask if it's ok to share their address, especially if it's a new person on the board.
I understand that we like to send out surprises, but with the way the world is, sometimes it can be scarey for a person to recieve a package that they aren't expecting.

debbieumphress 09-16-2010 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ditto. I have a Quilting Board address book with 246 names and addresses but won't give it out. These were to mail orders with and take more orders. Maybe a suggestion here....if you know someone who knows the person you wish to surprise, ask them to get the address if it is ok. They would still not know it was from you. If someone asked for my address, I would give it to them in a heartbeat for a surprise. LOL. Hope you work it out. Guess MY QB book is worth a lot of money. ROFL.

Carol's Quilts 09-16-2010 03:16 PM

I think if I received something at my address which was a surprise, I would be really scared, as though someone was "watching" me. I surely wouldn't want that to happen and I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to try to find someone's home address as a surprise. It's best to ask and get permission.