Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Adult male gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/adult-male-gifts-t283232.html)

coopah 10-25-2016 04:46 AM

We donate to charities, but recently started giving magazines as a gift. My son cooks, so we ordered Cooks Illustrated. He also is interested in WWII as both grandfathers served, so we found a magazine about that. He was delighted and will have magazines coming all year. When he's done, they can go into the recycling. Our problem is buying for the DIL.

dirty1mom 10-25-2016 06:35 AM

I made flannel boxer shorts for the guys in my family one year. Easy to do and they were very impressed. Just need to know the waist size.

Mamia 10-25-2016 09:27 AM

There are some new 3D guitar picks out from Anatomy of sound for the one that play guitar. Take a look at their web site AnatomyofSound.com. and see what you think, they come in a neat little case. Maybe a game for the computer guys. I don't know what to tell you for the sports guy.

Friday1961 10-25-2016 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S (Post 7684165)
Thanks for posting this site! I found some cute ideas for my two computer and science guys.

I bookmarked this site, too. Have an aspiring engineer for whom I buy something to put together each year. This site has some great ideas.

Friday1961 10-25-2016 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom (Post 7685020)
I made flannel boxer shorts for the guys in my family one year. Easy to do and they were very impressed. Just need to know the waist size.

I'm curious about a pattern. And do you include a fly, open or sewn shut, or just a plain front?

fivepaws 10-25-2016 11:22 AM

Just looked at wood watches (never heard of them before) but now I know what to get my almost 50 yr. old son.
Thanks for the idea, Lynnie.

gramma nancy 10-25-2016 05:06 PM

You want unique -- I'll give you unique. Last Christmas, I gave DH a unicycle. Admittedly, he has the best sense of balance of anyone I have ever known.

Now I have to worry about this year. . ..

mirish2 10-26-2016 05:41 AM

Have 2 sons and 2 nephews living on their "own." One yr, I did a sewing box in a small Tupperware container. I included small scissors, black and white thread, packet of needles, generic buttons and one of those plastic things that you can use to pull strings through hoodies. They tell me the last item has been the most useful. Another time, I made up "kitchen" packets for them. A couple of dish towels and dish clothes, hot pads, microwave dish holder.

Kimkankwilt 10-26-2016 04:44 PM

If they drink beer...you could make "growler" carriers using fabrics depicting their interests.....

Onebyone 10-27-2016 04:53 AM

My two son in laws are getting two different Yeti cups each this year. The 20 oz size is prefect for the office and the 30 oz with handle is for the outside activities. We bought DD's family a Yeti cooler last year. If you camp it's a have to have. Fill it with ice on Thursday and it's still ice on Monday. She tells us every time they use it how wonderful it is. No having to run get ice every day for the camp.