Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Advice of a retired husband!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/advice-retired-husband-t203080.html)

Jingle 10-13-2012 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5581730)
I really enjoyed it except the end. Too graphic for me.

I would have taken the golf club to his head. I sure hope this isn't too graphic for you.

barny 10-13-2012 04:36 PM

I loved this. I am getting very old, and husband doesn't play golf, but he is a work-a-holic. Drives me nuts. And he is 85. But he also helps me do anything, and doesn't mind at all.

Elfi2 10-14-2012 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5583215)
I loved this. I am getting very old, and husband doesn't play golf, but he is a work-a-holic. Drives me nuts. And he is 85. But he also helps me do anything, and doesn't mind at all.

Isn't this lovely!!! We can thank God to have put such a great mate by our side. My husband is a work-a-holic too and I think he'll still be, if he health allows it, when he is 85 (a while to go yet...) but he's a big help too, does lots of things for me and he always says "let me do it, I'm younger than you (just by one year:) ....)" Aren't we so blessed to have such great husbands!!!! :D

damaquilts 10-14-2012 03:52 AM

LOL too funny...

callen 10-14-2012 04:05 AM

Now that's funny. The unfortunate thing that for some women it "could" be all too true !!!

mjsylvstr 10-14-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by barny

Originally Posted by Elfi2 (Post 5583802)
Isn't this lovely!!! We can thank God to have put such a great mate by our side. My husband is a work-a-holic too and I think he'll still be, if he health allows it, when he is 85 (a while to go yet...) but he's a big help too, does lots of things for me and he always says "let me do it, I'm younger than you (just by one year:) ....)" Aren't we so blessed to have such great husbands!!!! :D

Ditto, ditto to both you ladies...I have a charmer also.....

KwiltyKahy 10-14-2012 04:29 AM

It would be funny if it weren't too true for some people (not limited to one sex)

Iraxy 10-14-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom (Post 5581698)
As i started reading this, I'm thinking-this better be a joke!!!

Me too, I was beginning to compose a letter for this guy in my head. Sad ending, divorce is cheaper, less chancy.

Janie67 10-14-2012 08:29 AM

Very funny! My husband and I got a good laugh out of the story. Before I finished there was smoke coming out of my ears and then I realized it was a joke! LOL

Stitchit123 10-14-2012 09:13 AM

I was forming a letter in my head too..A very graphic one at that,to Carole Ann