Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ahhhhh, Springtime in the Rockies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ahhhhh-springtime-rockies-t40497.html)

Ducky 03-23-2010 06:13 PM

Well, considering NC doesn't usually get snow, I can imagine how hard it would be just to get a little. My cousin is in Maple Grove, NC -- and he marvels at the fact that they got snow this year.

***still shaking my head***

IrishNY 03-23-2010 06:49 PM

Upstate NY has been in the 60's for weeks now. At least where I live. The flowers are up and getting ready to bloom. It has been beautiful. Please keep the snow away from us. :)

Margie 03-23-2010 06:54 PM

I HATE WINTER....finally the snow has melted here. It was our third snowiest winter ever. YUCK..so glad to see it gone and some green starting to poke up from the ground. Cant wait for the trees to bud and flowers.

Margie

JanetM 03-23-2010 08:07 PM

Please don't hate me Ducky but I miss Colorado. We lived there for 8 years (94-2002) and we loved it there. Driving in the snow wasn't a lot of fun, but if you could stay home it was so serene and peaceful watching the snow fall.
Call us crazy...we might come back if my husband can ever retire. :-D

As winters go, at least you are in CO. You have more days of sunshine there than in So. CA!!!

skpkatydid 03-23-2010 08:26 PM

But Ducky, we need the moisture. (grin) Isn't that what everyone says when we get these spring snows. I myself would prefer rain. But March and April are our snowiest months.

Nice thing about spring storms....they usually melt real fast.

It was almost in the 70's here yesterday also.

ozarkwell 03-23-2010 08:33 PM

Wow all the pictures of the snow are making me homesick. I forgot how wonderful it was to wake up in the mountains and grab a cup of coffee and watch it snow.

craftybear 03-23-2010 09:56 PM

Wow, I love the snow pictures but I am ready for warm weather. Our snow is all melted now in Indiana, grass is turning green and hubby says will need to mow maybe next weekend.

My flowers are coming up.

Waving from Indiana, USA

sharon b 03-23-2010 10:24 PM

Ducky you are not boring us with pics ! Would love to see more , fresh snow is so pretty to look at :lol: Its that nasty slushy stuff that is YUCKY...
and tomorrow I am making more butterflies :wink: LOL

ktbb 03-23-2010 10:54 PM

Ladies - I'm in Alaska, and we're just getting to reach low 30's at nite and hi thirties during the day, if we're lucky. But we do have enough daylight to see that there are bare patches on the pavement.

I too lived in Colorado and planned to retire there till I moved to Anchorage and realized that there was heaven on earth!

Keep quilting, and spring will eventually come.

k3n 03-24-2010 02:17 AM

Oh Ducky, it's so pretty but I guess it's wearing a little thin at this stage of the year. And I won't make you feel worse by telling you that I was gardening yesterday in a vest top and jeans and the kids were in shorts and Ts. Ooops, I just did :oops: :mrgreen: Never mind, by July I'll be moaning that it's way too hot and wishing I was in the Rockies in the snow! :-D