Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Airplane Seats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/airplane-seats-t35806.html)

QBeth 02-02-2010 02:21 PM

Flying! Ugh to the max!! If I can, I get the aisle seat in the exit row so I can have the leg room. At 5'11", I need it. I recently flew jet Blue for the first time; their seats are necessarily wider but every row has a couple of inches more leg room. Makes a world of differnce!

That takes care of length but not width. I try VERY hard not to invade someone else's space but it is impossible if you weigh over 98 pounds dripping wet. Middle seat?!! I can't count the number of times I end up crossing my arms the whole trip because the two $#%$^&*&^&%%$'s on either side of me grab the arm rests for the whole trip.

No, flying is no longer any type of pleasure. Airlines wonder why they aren't doing the business they used to do. Guess what, numb numbs! Torture people and they won't come back!!

QBeth 02-02-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Flying! Ugh to the max!! If I can, I get the aisle seat in the exit row so I can have the leg room. At 5'11", I need it. I recently flew jet Blue for the first time; their seats are necessarily wider but every row has a couple of inches more leg room. Makes a world of differnce!

That takes care of length but not width. I try VERY hard not to invade someone else's space but it is impossible if you weigh over 98 pounds dripping wet. Middle seat?!! I can't count the number of times I end up crossing my arms the whole trip because the two $#%$^&*&^&%%$'s on either side of me grab the arm rests for the whole trip.

No, flying is no longer any type of pleasure. Airlines wonder why they aren't doing the business they used to do. Guess what, numb numbs! Torture people and they won't come back!!

Meant to say that Jet Blue seats aren't necessarily wider but....

Mamagus 02-02-2010 02:33 PM

The reclining doesn't bother me (much) and I usually keep mine upright. One thing about flying really bothers me though... my legs are short and the hang off the seat front, causing the circulation to be impeded and my legs to swell. Cab anyone think of something I could take in my carryon that would act as foot rest and not cause an international incident?

MCH 02-02-2010 02:38 PM

If you look on-line for inflatable pillows / foot rests, you will surely find something. Check out Magellan's. They have all sorts of travel accessories.

This may be what you're seeking:

http://www.magellans.com/store/In_Fl...ot_Rests?Args=

Inflatable works on the plane.

Enjoy!

QBeth 02-02-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Can anyone think of something I could take in my carryon that would act as foot rest and not cause an international incident?

There's a line of carry on luggage that is hard-sided that could double as a foot rest whle being practical. They're a bit pricey ... I think I saw them at Brookstones?

May in Jersey 02-02-2010 03:59 PM

Thinking about all you have to go through to get on a plane, then you're squished into a small seat with the person in front of you reclining the minute they get in their seat and you're served a soggy mini pizza mess with a brown salad and mini thing that I think was a brownie makes me think twice about visiting our son and his family in CA. DH wants to drive there instead. There a lots of parts of the US that we've never been to so that may not be a bad idea. May in Jersey.

SherriB 02-02-2010 08:18 PM

I hope and pray that is a problem I never have to face. I am extremely terrified of flying. I never have and hope I never have to. LOL! My fear of heights is so bad that I evem have problems going up and down stairways.

pookie ookie 02-02-2010 08:46 PM

I fly first class so most of my complaints are reclining seat related. I don't want to stare at the top of some dude's flaky scalped male patterned baldness and I don't like it when a recliner drops my TV screen down five inches.

TV complaints: Too much ESPN, CNBC and CNN content. Bad audio is frequent. The one channel you can put up with will be inaccessible. I hope you like The Real Housewives on Bravo because you're getting 8 hrs of it.

Sometimes sharing the rather large armrest is surprisingly awkward due to someone placing their life's trove upon it.

The armrest tray table likes to bite fingertips.

Getting rid of alcohol would be a bonus. Either that or allow me to hog tie the belligerent drunk behind me. I'll yeehaw and gallop around on an invisible pony for entertainment purposes. C'mon, don't arrest me. It'll be fun.

Lisanne 02-02-2010 08:51 PM

Oh, yeah the armrest thing. Would it kill them to put in separate armrests with a divider between them?

quiltmom04 02-04-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Having to sit straight up kills my back, so I am a recliner.

Yeah, me too, I have to recline.