Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Alert re Apple spam mail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/alert-re-apple-spam-mail-t263286.html)

mermaid 03-29-2015 03:52 AM

Alert re Apple spam mail

I got this today...it originates from a server in AU. It is so obviously a scam to get your info, or to release a malware into your computer, but someone might believe it. It is a new one & there are a lot of Apple users out there.
[h=4]Dear Customer ,[/h] Your Apple Email ID, was used to purchase "Desperado" Album by Enrique Iglesias $9,99 from the iTunes Store on a Apple Device
that had not previously been associated with you.
If you made this purchase, you can ignore this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

[h=4]To issue a refund we need you to confirm your details : [/h] Click here to follow the steps needed to confirm your account .
After confirmation allow us 48-72 hours to process your refund . !

Sincerely ,
Apple Care Team

ManiacQuilter2 03-29-2015 04:31 AM

WOW, don't have any Apple products but these scammers are getting better at their scams. Hope Apple shuts them down quickly.

gramajo 03-29-2015 11:37 AM

Did you forward this to your server's spam/phising mail address so they are aware of it?

paoberle 03-30-2015 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 7145912)
Did you forward this to your server's spam/phising mail address so they are aware of it?

And send it to Apple!

solstice3 03-30-2015 05:23 AM

I quests the crooks never sleep

DACO48 03-30-2015 03:06 PM

Please beware of these. My daughter who has a slight disability got a message to update some of her software, she, thinking she was doing the correct thing clicked on it. Long story short it locked her computer up tight, she got a message her computer was being held ransom for 1 bit coin to release it. Value of a bit coin, approx. $250.00. They got fooled, her computer is old so we just disconnected in from the internet. Thank God she had not done any sort of banking online.

lynnie 03-30-2015 03:32 PM

luckily, we don't have any apple products. I get scam calls all the time

madamekelly 03-30-2015 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7145342)
WOW, don't have any Apple products but these scammers are getting better at their scams. Hope Apple shuts them down quickly.

I have Apple products and they would never send an email like this. If there was a problem with an itunes purchase would come from itunes, not Apple. NEVER EVER CLICK A LINK IN AN EMAIL. Always go to the site yourself. Safety first!

quiltjoey 04-04-2015 07:09 PM

I have an Apple MacBook, iPhone, iPad, and a Mac G5 tower. I also have a PC desktop and laptop for my embroidery software as they don't run on Macs so I have to have the PCs or else I wouldn't have them.
So far I haven't had any problems or any thing from Apple in my email. Any code that can be written, can be hacked. Macs are just much harder to do so.
I never run Windows on my Macs. iPhones and iPads are not as safe as an older Mac computer. They're all intel machines now.
Even the government computers are getting hacked which I believe are Unix OS. If the code can be written, it can be hacked…
We just have to be aware and cautious but anyone can be fooled….