Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   all for the love of a grand son (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-love-grand-son-t158091.html)

ogama 10-04-2011 09:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my grand son plays foot ball in middle school. so i stopped quilting for a bit just for him and the team. i am making them all (25) of them a gift bag that i will give them at the end of the year dinner. so far i have each one a sweat shirt white of course with 4 inch numbers on them. (there number on the team) then i have chap stick and candy, key chains that i have made, pens. note pads, water bottles, and a great bag from the raido station that they donated for the boys. i also have one for each coach. all five of them. what a labor of love for me. these boys try so hard and are the smallest team in the league. but they are the heavy weights. lol . each year i make them all towels that hang from there uniforms as the sweat pours off of them when they play as evey member has to play each play as there is not enough boys to rotate out. go chiefs a great team for sure. i do it all for the love of my grand son and the other kids on the team.
but will be back to quilting soon. blessings to all this fine night. ogama. oh now he wants to start basketball. i will sit this one out, lol

72 my kid lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266537[/ATTACH]

slk350 10-04-2011 09:46 PM

What a nice little gift for the team. So thoughtful of you

scowlkat 10-05-2011 12:49 AM

Awesome! I do understand because I would stand on my head for my grandson - and if you knew me, you would know what a feat that would be!

Chicca 10-05-2011 01:23 AM

That is so incredibly awesome! Your grandson is going to be beaming knowing you did this for him and his team. Thank you for sharing.

Painiacs 10-05-2011 02:46 AM

What wonderful memories for a team and grandson by a thoughtful grandma! Your wonderful!

QuiltE 10-05-2011 03:57 AM

What a special Grandma you are .... to the whole team!!!!!!

Please show us a picture of one of the sweatshirts and the other things you are making this year! Maybe you could put each one's numbers on the radio station's bags?

Country1 10-05-2011 04:00 AM

How thoughtful! You must be the coolest grand-ma in town. lol :lol:
It is great to see someone taking such interest in our youth, seems like everyone is so busy anymore that they often get pushed to the side. You are a GOOD woman and they are VERY LUCKY to have you. God bless you and all the hard work you do for them. It wore me out reading about all the work you have done for them. :thumbup:
Penny

dar627742 10-05-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by slk350
What a nice little gift for the team. So thoughtful of you

i agree!!
dar

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris Little 10-05-2011 11:21 AM

She is not only coolest Grandma but the coolest mom in town!....... Thank you Mom. Tonka and the team are going to love this!

ogama 10-05-2011 01:05 PM

my mother alwasy said if you do what you love them you will never have to work a day in your life. and i love the work that i do. so it really is not work for me. just labor of love. thanks for all of the kids words. blessings ogama