Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   to all of you freezing your butts of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-freezing-your-butts-t210992.html)

ontheriver 01-15-2013 09:43 PM

We are not too cold here. In fact was in the 70's last week. Cooler now and I would send you the cold if I could as I am the opposite, I hate cold weather.

katesnanna 01-16-2013 05:51 AM

We are in Queensland and thankfully the last two days have been cooler. Expecting it to heat up again by the weekend. The usual temp. here at this time of the year is high 20"s - low 30"s. Because of our high humidity High 30's into 40"s is almost unbearable.

nygal 01-16-2013 06:28 AM

I'm in the Albany, NY area and its 30 degrees now..warmed up and we have light snow.

AllAboutScraps 01-16-2013 06:36 AM

I'm in Western Massachusetts. We are having a light snow (came down pretty heavy early this morning) so we got more accumulation than anticipated about 3-4 inches in my area. Not too cold though, about 28 F. I like it best when it's between 50 and 75. The commute to work was okay. Lots of people need to be patient and relax rather than fret about where they are going. The point is to get there in one piece.

Glad I don't have to deal with humidity and heat. Keep thinking cool thoughts!

cherrio 01-16-2013 07:22 AM

goodgrief! I like it warm but that sounds like more than just HOT-dangerously hot. and the poor animals . . . how do they fare? glad you have a pool to help a bit

quilter68 01-16-2013 07:33 AM

I am with you about the heat. Pennsylvania climate is not too bad. Along about 50 years old, I had to get air conditioning. I am 71 and don't go skiing anymore but I like the cold.
To cr12cats, I could live in San Diego VERY easily.

To all of our Aussie sewing buddies, I hope the weather breaks soon!

JoanneS 01-16-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by litacats (Post 5786864)
it was forcast to be 32 degrees C, but by 9AM it was already 39 that is over 100 degrees in the old f days, it is now 10 35 am and I just came in from hanging out the washing it is now 42c 102f I just had a coldshower to try to cool down, to top it of we have a cyclone coming down the coast bringing a rain bareing depresion so it is over 55 humidity,
I HATE HOT WEATHER grrr time to sit under the aircon and do some sewing.

It's 39 here, too - farenheit! Sorry to hear about your horrible weather, cyclone and fires. Hope it gets better fast.

wraez 01-16-2013 11:36 AM

I know what you mean. I live in the high desert of CA ... it is COLD in the winter, below freezing at night and HOT in the summer, most days over 100 and occasionally as high as 110+.

callen 01-16-2013 12:22 PM

Sending you some cooling off weather

Originally Posted by litacats (Post 5786864)
it was forcast to be 32 degrees C, but by 9AM it was already 39 that is over 100 degrees in the old f days, it is now 10 35 am and I just came in from hanging out the washing it is now 42c 102f I just had a coldshower to try to cool down, to top it of we have a cyclone coming down the coast bringing a rain bareing depresion so it is over 55 humidity,
I HATE HOT WEATHER grrr time to sit under the aircon and do some sewing.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but right now in Northeastern Ontario, Canada it is -2 degrees C. BUT by tonight it is going to hit -38 C with a wind chill of -48 degrees C. Is that cool enough for you? 3 days ago it was +8 degrees so who says there is no such thing as global warming. Something is going on somewhere.
Stay cool !!

Deecee 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

You keep sending your weather my way - expecting a top of 102F here today.