Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amazon Mail Service using USPS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amazon-mail-service-using-usps-t321416.html)

Snooze2978 08-30-2023 06:29 AM

Amazon Mail Service using USPS

Hello, just for a good laugh as that's the only way I can see it but a good laugh. I ordered a series (DVD) thru Amazon. They shipped it from one of their factories in east Iowa on the 25th. For whatever reason, it then went to Kent, WA. From there it went to MO and today or last night it ended up right back where it started in eastern IA. I'm in western IA mind you so for my package to do a complete circle, end up where it started and finally today it will be delivered to me. And you wonder why our postal service keeps raising the postage on us. I think it's funny in a way as this isn't the 1st time this has happened. What are these people thinking when they're sorting out the mail?

Anyway, just thought you could use a good laugh.

QuiltMom2 08-30-2023 06:32 AM

I call that "my package is taking a field trip!"

sewingpup 08-30-2023 06:36 AM

That sort of thing has happened to me. Sometimes it has because there is a town with the same name all the way down in Georgia which is quite far from Minnesota. Sometimes it is the shipping departments error because they pick the wrong zip code and sometimes it seems that the code gets misread at some place and gets stuck on the wrong truck or plane. So many shipping companies these days pass the package off to the postal services to make the final delivery.

Onebyone 08-30-2023 06:48 AM

I live in Arkansas and you'd be surprised how many people think AR is ARizona. Especially talking to customer service people who don't live in Arkansas or Arizona.

lindaschipper 08-30-2023 07:28 AM

Same thing with Missouri Star Quilt Co. and them using FedEx....everything goes to the main hub in Indiana and then moves out from there. I'm in Iowa and can drive to Missouri Star and pick my items up faster than get them delivered. And the packages are always so dirty I hate bringing them in the house!

joe'smom 08-30-2023 07:57 AM

I've never known Amazon to use USPS (here in Missouri).

tallchick 08-30-2023 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 8614860)
I've never known Amazon to use USPS (here in Missouri).

Yup Amazon use to use USPS and UPS quite a bit before Amazon decided to do and expand their own deliveries. USPS took a huge hit when Amazon did that.

sewingpup 08-30-2023 08:24 AM

Ha, Amazon still uses USPS up here. If you are in a small community or rural area, it is USPS. The private services will not deliver as it is not cost effective so they make the USPS do it.

Stitchnripper 08-30-2023 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup (Post 8614867)
Ha, Amazon still uses USPS up here. If you are in a small community or rural area, it is USPS. The private services will not deliver as it is not cost effective so they make the USPS do it.

they use it here quite a bit and I am neither rural nor in a small community!

Peckish 08-30-2023 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 8614904)
they use it here quite a bit and I am neither rural nor in a small community!

Same here. Actually, in my large metropolitan area, Amazon uses just about every delivery service available to them - Amazon trucks, USPS, private delivery drivers, I've even had a couple packages arrive via UPS.