Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amazon prime? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amazon-prime-t285473.html)

Geri B 01-24-2017 08:35 AM

Amazon prime?

I have had a year free membership to prime, just rec'd a notice of renewal. Thinking back over the year, I only purchased 1/2 doz things thru Amazon...nothing large. So, I'm wondering if I should renew for the $100.00 or let it lapse. What benefits do those of you who have it find justify the cost or really make the membership a good investment? Thanks

cook25526 01-24-2017 09:01 AM

I use the Amazon prime music and tv services - both are free with prime membership. Compared to Netflix at $9.99/month, it's a good deal. I also get one free Kindle book per month with it - limited selection of free books, but it's free with prime. And there is also a selection of books you can "borrow" - up to 10 at a time.

Onebyone 01-24-2017 09:07 AM

You can share the free shipping with two other people. You add them to your account just for free shipping, nothing else. So my two DDs get the free two day shipping on Prime . You may find two friends who want the free shipping and will pay a part of the yearly fee. I watch a lot of movies and series using Prime. If you want a premium channel like HBO, ShowTime, Acorn, and many others, Prime has them for a reduced price and everything is on one account. Prime is much more then free shipping.

tessagin 01-24-2017 09:24 AM

We like it for the different shows we've watched when nothing else is on the weekends.

nativetexan 01-24-2017 10:23 AM

$100.00 , wow they must have gone up since I joined. I know it wasn't that much. I like free shipping and it does help me a lot. movies i haven't watched much. takes me forever to find one i want. I also joined MHz Worldview tv. and watch european detective shows mostly. sub-titled. If Amazon is that costly, i may think again.

cashs_mom 01-24-2017 10:33 AM

I don't watch movies online or streaming and don't order enough to make it worth my while. I had a free membership and when it was time to renew I added up how much I had paid in shipping. It wasn't nearly what the membership cost so I didn't renew.

sewingsuz 01-24-2017 09:20 PM

It is good for 1 yr trial and I feel it is wonderful for me because I live 120 miles rd trip to a mall or costco . If I need something it saves a lot of gas also. My trial period is up next dec 28th so for a year I am good.

tranum 01-25-2017 05:30 AM

DIL uses hers all the time. She has a job and lives 7 miles from small town, 25 miles from the large town so she finds it very helpful to come home and have what she needs.

Kath12 01-25-2017 05:35 AM

I use it all the time I like the free two day shipping. I don't live in a large city and would have to travel 100 miles round trip to get what I need. Prime saves me money, time and gas. It's amazing of what you can find on Amazon and I don't have to go to several stores looking for an item. So it saves me time, energy, and frustration and I don't have to leave my home.

redstilettos 01-25-2017 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7748414)
You can share the free shipping with two other people. You add them to your account just for free shipping, nothing else. So my two DDs get the free two day shipping on Prime . You may find two friends who want the free shipping and will pay a part of the yearly fee. Prime is much more then free shipping.

Wait...what?! If I sign up for Prime I can add someone for just the free shipping? Oh I need to look at that!