Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Animal lovers and quilts......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/animal-lovers-quilts-t85378.html)

shawnemily 12-26-2010 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Has anyone else noticed how many of our avatars are pics of our beloved pets?
I noticed as soon as I started reading the message board that there are a lot of dog pics; but thought it must be because I love my pups so much.
I just started realizing that there are a lot of cats too!

Buddy & Sherbert
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148132[/ATTACH]

Wolfie & Buddy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148133[/ATTACH]

MrsMoe4487 12-26-2010 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes I loooove my 3 wonderful kitties :) They are me and my husbands "kids" for now! They keep me grounded and unconditionally love you no matter what!

And they approve of everything I've made :)

shawnemily 12-26-2010 07:19 PM

Ahhhhh pretty kitties!!!

MrsMoe4487 12-26-2010 07:20 PM

What a nice picture of your doggie and kitty :)

shawnemily 12-26-2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MrsMoe4487
What a nice picture of your doggie and kitty :)

Thank you! Sherbert is my grand-kitty. They were waiting for my grandsons to get off the school bus!!

chris_quilts 12-26-2010 07:22 PM

Nice pictures of your furbabies. I have 2 quilt/fabric inspectors who always help me. One is my avatar. I use Romeo as my avatar b/c he takes a much better picture than I do plus he's prettier. Seriously, hate having my pic taken and am never happy with the reults. Love your dogs - what breed are they?

shawnemily 12-26-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Nice pictures of your furbabies. I have 2 quilt/fabric inspectors who always help me. One is my avatar. I use Romeo as my avatar b/c he takes a much better picture than I do plus he's prettier. Seriously, hate having my pic taken and am never happy with the reults. Love your dogs - what breed are they?

That is why I have Buddy as mine! LOL
He is a chow lab mix and Wolfie is a Shiba Inu chow mix. As near as we can tell, anyway. They are both rescue dogs; they rescued me! :lol: I would be lost without them! I have 8 beautiful grandkids; but of course they dont live with me. So my boys are my 24 hour a day loves!!

joan_quilts 12-26-2010 07:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
These are my fur babies! All are rescued, or should I say they rescued me! LOL

Bandit, a little neurotic but loveable!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148210[/ATTACH]

Gabby Girl, she owns the house!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148211[/ATTACH]

Tux, he is so laid back and loveable!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148212[/ATTACH]

Buddy is my baby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148214[/ATTACH]

Dixie is my girl!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148216[/ATTACH]

chris_quilts 12-26-2010 08:02 PM

All of mine are rescues too. One kitty is from Death Row at the animal shelter and the other 2 adopted us so we returned the favor. Our German Shepherd is 1 of 2 left alive from a litter of 7 and the boxer would have gone to the pound if we hadn't adopted him. I believe in resucing animals b/c generally they return the favor at least once in their lifetime.

joan_quilts 12-26-2010 08:08 PM

I say God has a sense of humor and gives me these critters to keep my smiling! Gabby came from a restaurant my ds worked at 2 years ago. Some kids were going to drown her for "fun". He called and told me and I said bring her home!

Bandit was locked in a pen with 2 St.Bernards and some friends of mine found him and said they were going to shoot him because he had worms! He came home with me!

Tux came from a friend who found him under her shed and couldn't keep him. Dixie, from a friend whose dog had puppies and she couldn't keep them. Buddy came into my life a month after my mom passed away. I just love them all!