Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Another "Beware" Quilter's story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/another-beware-quilters-story-t211596.html)

0tis 01-21-2013 09:45 AM

Another "Beware" Quilter's story

So I get up this morning and get my shower ready - there I am (Gasp! naked!!!:o) scrubbing my hair and other things - when I finish and get out of the shower - I notice right there on the shower floor - a straight pin- WHAT????? :eek: How the heck did that get there? Was it hiding on my naked body somewhere? I went from my bed to the shower - no where near my sewing room - so where did it come from? I do have extremely long hair - I am guessing maybe it was tangled in my braid (how it got there - I don't know) or gasp!!!! was it somewhere else hiding? :( So beware of your pins - this one had a flower-shaped head on it - maybe its only these pins that attach to us. I thought I only had to worry about bits of thread being attached to me....:shock:

nivosum 01-21-2013 11:49 AM

That is funny!

Tartan 01-21-2013 12:51 PM

Chuckle, we do tend to find things all over the place. I have tried to break myself of the habit of putting the pins in my shirt when I don't have a pin cushion handy. I almost got myself in the eye when I pulled a shirt off over my head as I got ready to shower. You would think with the number of pin cushions I have, I would actually use them instead of my shirt.:D

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-21-2013 12:57 PM

I'm betting on the braid. I've had pins in my braid. I've even sewn a few hairs on the end of the braid into a seam. Jeeze!

Jan in VA 01-21-2013 06:25 PM

In the washcloth perhaps?
I wear socks to bed. That's it, just socks.:o Sometimes weird things hang up in them, too.

Jan in VA

Ellageo 01-22-2013 04:33 AM

Lots of times I stick pins on my blouse as I'm working...forget about them! and usually find them when I take my blouse off..BUT, I've already found them when I did the laundry..sometimes BEfore wash & dry..SOMETIMES AFTER!!! Do you do that??

ptquilts 01-22-2013 04:38 AM

I wonder what happens to the needles I lose while hand quilting. They are VERY SMALL and sometimes they just disappear.

MaryAnnMc 01-22-2013 06:09 AM

Oh, my DH hates pins, he's always the one that find them.. in his foot. I lose needles, too, all the time. But now that I glue seams, I don't use pins much. DH happily pays for glue.

ljptexas 01-22-2013 06:13 AM

Scary! But glad you weren't injured. Mystery, huh?

wpbmommy1 01-22-2013 07:37 AM

Oh my goodness, my mom doesn't quilt but she hand sews and there are pins EVERYWHERE in her house. On the tile floor, stuck in throw rugs, in the carpet in her room, in the bed, on the dining room table, under the placemats. It is very dangerous, especially since she is diabetic. Once she had a cactus needle in her foot and didn't know until it got infected. I'm glad you found the pin. I'd hate to think of where it may have ended up if it was stuck in your hair and you started to wash your hair!