Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Another Shaky Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/another-shaky-day-t130090.html)

mamahippychicky 06-12-2011 11:10 PM

We have just had another day of shakes, with a 5.5 mag 'aftershock' at 1pm followed by a 6.0 mag one at 2.20 pm. Think I need a bit of fabric therapy after today LOL :)

coloradosky 06-12-2011 11:18 PM

Know how you feel although the two I experienced were nothing in comparison to yours. In fact during the second one, my husband and I were at the breakfast table and he looked up and asked "What's that?" just a rumble. The first one, however, was large enough and long enough to begin shaking things on the wall. I was on the computer at the time; and my neighbor was out feeding our horses, and she didn't feel a thing. I do hope you don't have anymore!

mamahippychicky 06-12-2011 11:23 PM

Thanks, but these have been going on since Sept 2010 so don't see them finishing soon!

I was at work for the first and all the computer monitors fell over, as well as everything off the shelves. I was home for the bigger one and was so pleased that DS was with me cos I was really scared.

Every time I hear any noise I think another is coming, but I know that it will calm down soon..... until next time of course

Just gotta keep my sense of humour :)

jemma 06-13-2011 12:09 AM

hope that was the last--peacefull thoughts coming to you

noveltyjunkie 06-13-2011 01:01 AM

I assume you are in Christchurch? Really feeling for you over there and hoping those plates find a position they like soon.

mamahippychicky 06-13-2011 01:04 AM

Oh yes, definitely in Christchurch LOL... trouble is I love the city, just not the shakes :)

Painiacs 06-13-2011 01:24 AM

God bless you, stay safe! I've lived in calif and in japan and been in some good" ones! Don't stand in doorway. In a big one u lie NEXT to a large object such as bed or heavy table.

SueDor 06-13-2011 01:53 AM

I wish you strength to have the patience to live through those shakes. Sending prayers!

Marion T 06-13-2011 02:21 AM

Hi - hope you get through this with your sanity intact! Many years ago, I lived for a year in Napier in Hawkes Bay, and the shakes just kept on coming!! So, I understand what you are going through, except you probably feel much worse than I did, given that Christchurch has already been through so much. I read somewhere recently that NZ has eighteen thousand tremours a year!! I thought most of them were in the North Island - didn't realise the mainland suffered as well! Fabric therapy sounds good to me - make an earthquake quilt and post it here!! Will be thinking of you - all best wishes, Marion

noveltyjunkie 06-13-2011 04:06 PM

Oh yes! An earthquake quilt would be excellent. Free motion quilted, of course.......