Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Another virus! Please read!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/another-virus-please-read-t69529.html)

CarrieAnne 10-11-2010 12:33 PM

Thanks for the warning!

brushandthimble 10-11-2010 12:53 PM

Yes, thanks for the heads up!

2livesdown7togo 10-11-2010 01:55 PM

I saw two emails today, both were "from" the same personal name on my account. Since I don't send myself mail, and these didn't have a subject, I deleted them unopened.

Curiosity killed the cat, deleting the mail unopened brought it back.

dreamer2009 10-11-2010 02:50 PM

Curiosity killed the cat, deleting the mail unopened brought it back.[/quote]

LOL.........LOL........LOL

cathyvv 10-11-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by littlehud
Don't these people have better things to do. These things make me so mad. :x :x :x

WHY IS IT WITH ALL THE COMPUTER BRAINY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD;
ONE OF THEM HAS NOT DESIGNED SOMETHING SO THAT WHEN WE RECEIVE THESE AND DON'T OPEN THEM ...BUT ...WE CAN FORWARD THEM TO A PLACE THAT WILL SEND IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM AND DESTROY THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS COMPLETELY...AFTER AWHILE THEY WOULD STOP. COMPUTERS ARE NOT CHEAP EVEN IF YOU BUILD YOUR OWN.

The bad guys usually use a 'no return email' email. The 'computer brainy people' are sometimes the ones who are creating these viruses. And 'computer brainy people' can be very creative...

Prosecution of the virus originators/proliferators is difficult because these emails can originate ANYWHERE in the world. Just try to get two governments to work together to shut stuff like this down...then think about the complication when this comes from all over the world!

Remember that no reputable company (bank, insurance company, electric company, etc.) or US Government agency will send you an email and ask you to divulge information about yourself like your SS, address, age, etc.

If you don't recognize an email address, delete it.

If you send out chain emails - jokes, funny stories, etc. to your friends and family, make it all "BCC" (blind carbon copy) so that their emails are not unwittingly distributed when someone forwards the email you sent them. Do NOT answer questions about yourself in these chain emails! I am amazed at how many people will give personal info to strangers via these chain emails...

Gramof6 10-11-2010 05:19 PM

Thank You for the warning. I agree that it is too bad these people do not put their minds to work on something positive.

sandpat 10-11-2010 05:24 PM

All good information, thanks

sueisallaboutquilts 10-11-2010 06:23 PM

I have Gmail and it's been really good about putting all that junk in my spam.

Chasing Hawk 10-11-2010 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Most of your worries about viruses carried through your email is not to use these email servers, facebook, twitter or any of those social sites.

I don't use any of those places and haven;t had any germs. :)

if we don't use these...Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.
what do we do ???

I use the one that came with my internet provider and I use AVAST anti virus program.

quiltmaker 10-12-2010 05:25 AM

Good grief.....this will never end.