Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Antique Valentines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/antique-valentines-t34505.html)

Rhonda 01-18-2010 07:52 PM

11 Attachment(s)
My mom was an antique dealer for awhile. She has been collecting antique Valentines for a long time and some of them are family hierlooms. I wanted to share these with you as I think they are so interesting. Some of the last ones are ones I got as a child in school. If you were in grade school in the 60's you might recognize some of them or at least the style.

joeyoz 01-18-2010 07:54 PM

Those are so cute. Really takes you back doesn't it?

nursie76 01-18-2010 08:10 PM

Yep I definitely remember some of the ones at the end. What a blast from the past! Thanks for posting.

sunkistmi 01-18-2010 08:14 PM

Talk about a time machine! I definately remember some of those. I told my mom they would be worth something someday and not to throw them away.

sewjoyce 01-18-2010 08:23 PM

What a wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing!!

And, yeah, I recognize the style of a few of those :lol:

ctmhjenn 01-18-2010 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Those really take me back. 1st grade, Mrs. Shurbum..(found out it was Sherman) made the most beautiful box for all our valentine cards. I remember sitting at a card table at home writing out all the names on envelopes, and my name on the paper cards, like these. THEN came the day they were all passed out..LOVED IT! I wish I had kept them all. Year...???? you want to know the year????? 1950..and yes, I AM that old...

Esqmommy 01-18-2010 09:28 PM

I recognize the bottom row, but other than that...they are all adorable!

Rhonda 01-18-2010 09:30 PM

When we were in grade school we always had a contest to see who could make the best Valentine'e box. Usually a shoe box we all had to make one and decorate. I don't remember what we won but it was so much fun! Then you set your box on your desk and everyone went around putting Valentines in your friends boxes. We usually gave one out to everyone because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

amma 01-18-2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
When we were in grade school we always had a contest to see who could make the best Valentine'e box. Usually a shoe box we all had to make one and decorate. I don't remember what we won but it was so much fun! Then you set your box on your desk and everyone went around putting Valentines in your friends boxes. We usually gave one out to everyone because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

This is what we did also :D:D:D

Rhonda, those are awesome Valentines!!! :D:D:D
Such a wonderful collection, and yes...I recognize those last ones too 8-) 8-) 8-)

beckyw 01-18-2010 10:43 PM

I remember some of them too. Hard to believe it's been so long ago..