Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any luck selling the tissue holders? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-luck-selling-tissue-holders-t252401.html)

GrammaNan 08-24-2014 10:12 AM

Any luck selling the tissue holders?

I am making things to sell at craft fairs this Fall/Winter and wonder if you are having any luck selling the Tissue Holders made from the tutorial on this board? They are so much fun to make I could make dozens of them. The problem is that I only have so many family members to give them to as gifts if I can't sell them. LOL! I would also like to know what you are able to sell them for with or without the tissue included. I would appreciate your input so I don't waste any time or money on them. Happy Quilting!

Treasureit 08-24-2014 10:50 AM

I have seen them at local craft fairs and the only time I looked they were marked $3. I don't recall if that included the tissues.

quiltingcandy 08-24-2014 11:21 AM

I don't know if they sell, but I went to a wedding where they handed them out when you signed the book. Thought it was such a cute idea. You would definitely want to include the tissues.

jbud2 08-24-2014 11:32 AM

I made several for our Bazaar a couple years ago. With tissues, I marked them $2. Then, I gave them to my sisters and aunts at Christmas. It is so hard to predict what will sell at the Bazaar! I tell those who want to make things for the Bazaar - I do not know what will sell! Make your item and give me a price to charge. I refuse to make up prices anymore. I don't want to insult the crafters and I don't want to hear it after the Bazaar 'I priced it too high!" I've been our Church's Bazaar chairperson 26 years.

lynnie 08-24-2014 03:36 PM

I've seen them from $1 to $3.
look at dollar store for tissues.
WEnt to a street fair today, only 2 crafters. bought stuff.
the rest was scarves and jewelry from 1/2 way around the world.
good luck.

QUILTNMO 08-24-2014 04:52 PM

a few yrs ago they were popular not sure whats poular nowdays!! do few to see how they go!

jeank 08-25-2014 03:21 AM

I had them priced at 1.00, a few sold, not many. I think the pattern as been out there too long and they are too popular for gifts. The people that come to craft shows also sew and know how easy they are.

deedum 08-25-2014 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan (Post 6857994)
I am making things to sell at craft fairs this Fall/Winter and wonder if you are having any luck selling the Tissue Holders made from the tutorial on this board? They are so much fun to make I could make dozens of them. The problem is that I only have so many family members to give them to as gifts if I can't sell them. LOL! I would also like to know what you are able to sell them for with or without the tissue included. I would appreciate your input so I don't waste any time or money on them. Happy Quilting!

I am planning on having them at my booth for $1.50 with tissues! If they don't sell, them I will use them for gifts and also donate to a local charity event in the spring. I do know they usually sell very well there. They are fun to make too. This is my first ever booth, maybe the one and only time, we will see.

quilter1 08-25-2014 04:40 AM

A couple of years ago, I made tissue holders to be given as gifts at our ladies day apart. I used the tutorial on the board here. Check out my post with pics- '205 tissue holders-done'. They were not that much work, but that many took me a while. I would not make them to sell at $1or $2 each- not worth my time.

Onebyone 08-25-2014 05:20 AM

The last sale booth my guild had at a craft show we sold out of the different size snap bags but very few of the tissue holders.
My guild meets at a church so we made a big basket full of the tissue holders with tissues and it is set out in the vestibule when the church has a funeral.