Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any movie recommendations? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-movie-recommendations-t245021.html)

Geri B 04-13-2014 02:02 PM

Watched GRAVITYlast nite from redbox....I got dizzy from all the spinning...and when it was over all I could think is why do we go there... "ain't "nothing out there.....

NOAH was great........a good rendition of a Bible story of only about 200 words.....
Am waiting to see NONSTOP too......

toverly 04-13-2014 03:20 PM

We really liked, the Life of Walter Mitty. It's a great story of a down on his luck kind of guy who triumphs and does things he never thought he could do. DS said it was his favorite, after Tron.

ILoveToQuilt 04-13-2014 03:44 PM

Basically any movie on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) or any movie made prior to 1970. JMO.

tesspug 04-13-2014 05:31 PM

What about old movies. Once a month do a classic. One year when I was still teaching Kindergarten , my partner and I traded our little kids for a group of big kids and showed them classic movies, old black and whites. They complained at first, then got lost in the stories. By the end of the eight weeks the kids begged to continue. They even came up with some movies they wanted to see.

Onebyone 04-13-2014 06:28 PM

I liked the Hobbit movies and Man of Steel.

crossginny 04-13-2014 06:50 PM

The Magic of Belle Isle;
The Bucket List;
The Ultimate Gift and the back story to it: The Ultimate Life (the second is not quite as good, but really helps you understand the motivation of James Garner's character in the first one)
Brave
these are all family favorites at our house. : )

Iraxy 04-13-2014 06:59 PM

I will start with "Persuasion." Love it! My favorite movie.
I love the Bronte sisters so "Jane Eyre."
I loved the movie "Sabrina" with Harrison Ford!
"Say Anything" with John Cusak and Ione Sky.
All the Tolkien movies.
"12 Years a Slave" was real good but hard to watch.
"Gravity" was real good!
"Enders' Game" was excellent.
As you can see, I like a light romance. I like good movies. No war movies for me. I usually do not like violent movies but I love the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I wish they would do the other books too.

gale 04-13-2014 11:09 PM

The Princess Bride is a good family movie.

rocklady 04-14-2014 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by icul8rg8r (Post 6673373)
We're looking forward to seeing "My God's Not Dead" and "Heaven Is For Real". Loved the HIFR book and glad it's been made into a movie.

We just saw "God Is Not Dead" and loved it. I'm going to watch for "Heaven Is For Real". Several I wanted to see and missed.

Neesie 04-14-2014 10:24 AM

Some of our favorites -

Independence Day (w/Will Smith)
The Matrix
Star Trek (all)
Star Wars (all)
Despicable / Despicable 2