Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any one need to chat with someone for the holiday to help ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-one-need-chat-someone-holiday-help-t284708.html)

jetayre 12-25-2016 10:24 AM

Any one need to chat with someone for the holiday to help ?

If someone needs to chat with someone to cheer them up over the holidays I would be glad to be a Holiday pal. Say Hi to our Alpacas, goats, hens, Zobi, our adopted terrier, a rabbit, white face herfords, a feral cat, coyotes wandering around, deer in the woods, hawks that fly over, (and around). Fox, turkeys,and other things.

kathryn7887 12-25-2016 10:36 AM

Where at in Vermont are you?
I was out there the first part of Oct.
Johnson. My daughter lives there. So yes I was a leaf peeper.
it was so pretty
Kathryn

jetayre 12-25-2016 11:02 AM

Is your daughter affiliated with Johnson state College?

lynnie 12-25-2016 11:41 AM

Hi Jet, I had a great Christmas. My dh is at the hospital about 45 minutes from here visiting his mom. then he'll drive about 30 miles east to go see his dad in a nursing home. My son came over last night about 12:30 am. He was at his friends having a party. My wish forever was to have my son home and a loving husband. I got it. that was great enough for me. They opened up their gifts, and i forgot there was a few things for me too. Gifts were sparse this year, but i got what i wanted. I hugged and kissed them both. They are what matters most to me. i am forever grateful for them. 10 yrs ago, I didn't have them, and was miserable. I'm the happiest person on the face of this earth!

What do you do with the alpacas? do you sheer them into wool for yourself? I love goats, especially those dwarf ones. and what is a ZOBI? I live in a condo community. across from my front patio is a small bit of woods. The wild turkeys come around about once or twice a week. about 35 of them. they wander over to the golf course from time to time. There are houses all situated around the course.they walk around it and make their way over to us. I guess they ground nest. Would you know that.

anyway. enjoy your holiday. I'm so grateful for my son and husband, and for all my QB friends. I've met 2 of my good friends from the board. Thank you everyone.

Elise1 12-25-2016 12:34 PM

jetayre,

You are so sweet to volunteer to cheer up others. Your offer warmed my heart. You are showing the true spirit of the season. It's people like you that keep me visiting this board.

I have two sons in college that came home for Christmas and my daughter is visiting from Montana. Dh had a heart attack and 5 way bypass a few months ago. He has fully recovered. I feel extremely fortunate as I gather my precious family around me this Christmas. Life is good.

Merry Christmas everyone. It's a white Christmas here. :thumbup:

Elise

kathryn7887 12-25-2016 01:33 PM

No she is with the County Sheriff dept. so she knew all the back roads. Boy it was really pretty out there. Had a fun time at the fabric store in Stowe (I believe)

jetayre 12-25-2016 01:56 PM

I used to be a free-lance investigative reporter in the area probably before your daughter was born. The gal that runs the fabric store in Stowe is a really nice gal.

jetayre 12-25-2016 02:08 PM

My daughter-in-law owns The Alpacas. yes she shears them and has yarn made and she makes felt liner for boots. She makes goat soap, salve, carmel, and fudge from goat milk
Turkeys like to rest in trees at night to stay out of predators way.

marybs 12-26-2016 04:15 AM

jetayre, just saw this today. You are a love, Christmas can be a tough time for some. What a great gift you offered. It helps knowing there are great people out there like you. Peace in 2017

Battle Axe 12-26-2016 04:31 AM

Yes, you are a real dear to give so much of yourself. This board is filled with wonderful people.

Marcia