Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any other Mayflower Descendants out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-other-mayflower-descendants-out-there-t67748.html)

ChubbyBunny 10-01-2010 12:09 PM

I'm just curious. I'm sure I have some distant cousins out there. :-) John Alden and Priscilla Mullins are my 9th Great Grandparents. Anyone else a Mayflower Descendant?

pookie ookie 10-01-2010 12:58 PM

I have several. Including Alden and Mullins. New England ancestry is interesting. While I am mixed race and very diverse, all of my New England ancestors are cousins. Small breeding pool.

pab58 10-01-2010 01:16 PM

The only connection I have to the Pilgrims is my love of thanksgiving! :-D

Tussymussy 10-01-2010 02:06 PM

Hi, I have an odd connection. I am English and live in the UK. The Mayflower sailed from Europe and docked at Plymouth to take on board the Pilgrims going to the New World.

My ancestor actually got off at Plymouth and moved up country and settled in the North Devon/South Somerset area and became a yeoman farmer.

Funny old world, because if he had not done that I would have been an American instead.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 10-01-2010 03:00 PM

Have some back to the revolutionary war, from Germany and assorted prior to that, someone traced back one line to 1500 and Scotland, Glad some of the relatives did the Tree, interesting reading.

Baysidegal 10-01-2010 03:01 PM

My husband's family have direct ties. My BIL is big on geneology. I can't get past yesterday LOL so of course I never remember how the trail goes.

DebraK 10-01-2010 03:21 PM

oh my! so do I. Do you feel any more special than any one else. History is great. Every one's history is great.

I don't mean to be offensive. Maybe it is a sign of the times. We are who we are.

ChubbyBunny 10-01-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
oh my! so do I. Do you feel any more special than any one else. History is great. Every one's history is great.

I definitely have a better appreciation for Thanksgiving. It makes for some very interesting discussion at the dinner table. I love history and learning about my family roots.

ChubbyBunny 10-01-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Hi, I have an odd connection. I am English and live in the UK. The Mayflower sailed from Europe and docked at Plymouth to take on board the Pilgrims going to the New World.

My ancestor actually got off at Plymouth and moved up country and settled in the North Devon/South Somerset area and became a yeoman farmer.

Funny old world, because if he had not done that I would have been an American instead.

Isn't it amazing how one action by an ancestor affects the lives of all his/her descendants?!

ChubbyBunny 10-01-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
I have several. Including Alden and Mullins. New England ancestry is interesting. While I am mixed race and very diverse, all of my New England ancestors are cousins. Small breeding pool.

Hello, cousin! It was a very small breeding pool and it's a small world.