Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   anybody see my mind????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anybody-see-my-mind-t223813.html)

IshtarsMom 06-17-2013 11:45 AM

If you find yours maybe you could help me find mine...3 times now, yesterday and today, I have been furious with my sewing machine because I couldn't get the bobbin thread to come up. Finally it dawned the top thread I had in my hand was not threaded through the needle. How do minds just walk off on something you've done thousands of times? grrrrr

IBQUILTIN 06-17-2013 12:06 PM

I call that a Senior Moment

SewOK 06-17-2013 01:04 PM

My mind has a way of taking a break without my knowledge. DUH!!! I spend so much time wandering around my house trying to remember what I came into a certain room for or going to a room to get something and when I leave the room I don't have it and have to go back again.

At least we all seem to be in the same club!!! LOL

Gabrielle's Mimi 06-17-2013 01:10 PM

I would be totally lost without the little yellow notepad on my iPhone! I leave notes to myself all the time.

Pat G 06-17-2013 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by mandyrose (Post 6125368)
so I go to joann's I need backing fabric for a lap quilt!!! and as I was walking in the store I'm telling myself just get what you need and out,I came home with batting and not the backing I needed,WHAT was I thinking???? I don't need batting. ugh! wheres my brain???? ;) so another trip tomorrow.....

When you find it, tell it to send mine home since they must be together somewhere. I can just picture 2 little kids hand in hand skipping down the road. Yep, there go our brains.

michelleoc 06-18-2013 08:29 AM

Believe me, you are not alone. At Christmas time I couldn't find one of the gifts I bought my DH. I found it a couple of days later in the refrigerator. Recently I couldn't find an onion that I had used the night before, eventually found it in the freezer. My teenage son, bless his heart, tells me not to try so hard to finish what I'm trying to say when I'm telling him something, because he knows me so well he can figure it out for me. And so it goes...

purplefiend 06-18-2013 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by IshtarsMom (Post 6127783)
If you find yours maybe you could help me find mine...3 times now, yesterday and today, I have been furious with my sewing machine because I couldn't get the bobbin thread to come up. Finally it dawned the top thread I had in my hand was not threaded through the needle. How do minds just walk off on something you've done thousands of times? grrrrr

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that does that. :shock:

0tis 06-18-2013 05:01 PM

Well we must be twins - I don't know how many times I have gone shopping with a list and either forget the list or completely miss what I was in there for - oh darn, now you have to go back.

Monroe 06-19-2013 06:49 AM

I spend a Lot of time in the Hereafter- as in what am I in the kitchen for?

svenskaflicka1 06-23-2013 05:19 AM

wait a minute--we ALWAYS need batting... and another trip tomorrow? consider it extra aerobic exercise. as long as you walk at a brisk pace, you'll be exercising. in fact, with that kind of reasoning, we could go to a fabric store every day, just for the benefits of exercise. (now if there was just some way for me to convince that family that they didn't need to eat, and that fabric is SO much more important that food or bills...)