Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone ever had a rash from radiation treatment? I am losing my mind!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-ever-had-rash-radiation-treatment-i-am-losing-my-mind-t129322.html)

meme40 06-10-2011 06:19 AM

Years ago, I had a friend who went through radiation treatments and she used a cream made by Johnson & Johnson called *Purpose*. She gave me a sample tube to use on a mole I had on my neck that was itching from tanning too much:( It works! It's fragrance free,hypo-allergenic, won't clog pores and instantly releives redness and itching! Your local pharmacy should have this. God Bless you through your treatments. ((HUGS))

grannypat7925 06-10-2011 08:17 AM

Call your Dr. pronto! and tell him about this.

duckydo 06-10-2011 08:44 AM

My sister had radiation last year for a brain tumor and she developed a rash all over her head the Dr. told her to cover her head with selsun blue shampoo and leave it on for about 10 minutes a day, it did seem to help. She looked kind of like a martian with a green head because it was green insteaed of blue.

Charlee 06-10-2011 08:51 AM

Ask your doctor if Clobetasol is an option. I use it for SUPER itchy exsema on my legs, and it's a wonder-cream in my opinion!!

I'm so sorry that you're going thru this!

Just-Lee 06-10-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by grannypat7925
Call your Dr. pronto! and tell him about this.

They know- they called in the script. They say it goes away in a few weeks, but not what I am hearing now. I think I will go to the dermatologist and possibly get a steroid shot!

Rosie the "Ripper" 06-10-2011 09:43 AM

I don't have an answer for you but my baby sister is going through the same thing right now and I pray for her every day. Her 13 yr. old son had testicular cancer 5 years ago and had to go through chemo while in his first three years of High School. I think he is cured now. Her dog also had cancer and went through chemo and is in remission. With all this history she feels she has a good chance of beating it. As I said before, I pray for her every day and will add you to my prayer list. God bless you and a quick recovery so you can get back to your quilting!!!

Grinster 06-10-2011 09:55 AM

Call your radiation oncologist.

dlbrandt 06-10-2011 10:07 AM

I had radiation 9 years ago for colorectal cancer. I got radiation burns in my pelvic area. I tried every cream imaginable, but nothing worked. A man that worked at the radiation clinic said to try diluted peroxide. Sure enough, it healed my "crotch" in a couple days and was very inexpensive. I don't know if the dilute peroxide would help inching, but it would be worth a try. Many prayers to you during this difficult time.

IBQUILTIN 06-10-2011 10:49 AM

Walgreens or Wal-Mart has a product called Cobroxin that might help. Try the topical gel. and the best of luck to you. My DH had the same problem, and is still peeling (like from sunburn) 6 months later

Just-Lee 06-10-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
I don't have an answer for you but my baby sister is going through the same thing right now and I pray for her every day. Her 13 yr. old son had testicular cancer 5 years ago and had to go through chemo while in his first three years of High School. I think he is cured now. Her dog also had cancer and went through chemo and is in remission. With all this history she feels she has a good chance of beating it. As I said before, I pray for her every day and will add you to my prayer list. God bless you and a quick recovery so you can get back to your quilting!!!

Oh my! She has been through the ringer emotionally already and now this! That poor baby- I hope he is OK now, that is very sad to watch a child go through that. She is such a nice person to even consider saving her pet companion, as many wouldn't/ couldn't, but I know I would as well. I hope everything goes smoothly and successfully for her :)