Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone excited about getting the Kindle Fire today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-excited-about-getting-kindle-fire-today-t168664.html)

BellaBoo 11-17-2011 09:31 AM

Anyone excited about getting the Kindle Fire today?

I pre ordered and it will be delivered today! I love E book readers and now I love the tablets. I see Nook has a tablet out now too. Yeah! I heard on a tv news show that more adults are reading more now then ever before since the e readers are available. Who isn't getting the $79 Kindle for Christmas? LOL. My library has the e reader lending service. How much better can a book lover have it?

sandilee 11-17-2011 03:39 PM

I'll just keep my pandigital ereader that I purchased last year at a bargain price. It has about all I need on it.

BMP 11-17-2011 04:09 PM

I'd like to get one but I really dont know enough about any of them to be able to make a good choice ..

brookemarie19 11-17-2011 04:12 PM

I have both the nook color and the nook simple touch. I feel that the simple touch does the best for me because of battery, but my younger two kiddos love the color now. I will be buying the simple touch for the older two because they wont need anything with bright pictures as they are too old for that now anyways lol

Mellina 11-17-2011 04:44 PM

Glad you received your kindle fire. I've had a sony for years and I don't know what I would do without it. Keep reading.

MinnieKat 11-17-2011 05:37 PM

I have a Nook .. but I ordered the Kindle Fire just because I love techy things. Might give my Nook to my granddaughter. Just got the $79 Kindle for my DD's birthday.

Judith1005 11-17-2011 05:42 PM

Sounds fabulous. I will be updating mine next year. So, I will have to look into it. Congrats.

pittsburgpam 11-17-2011 05:50 PM

I received 4 of them!! One for me and the other three are for gifts for my kids. I absolutely love it! I'm an Amazon Prime member and the free videos look wonderful on the Kindle. They now have the one free book per month in their Kindle lending library and of course, the public library has Kindle books. I read a lot and after my first Kindle was stolen out of the woman's locker room at the gym (while my back was turned pratically) I used my phone and the Kindle app. Pretty hard to read that little screen comfortably.

I downloaded a subscription to National Geographic today too and the color pictures are terrific.

denidesigns 11-17-2011 06:04 PM

Let me know how you like it after using it. I am considering a reader just not sure which one.
Denise

ione 11-17-2011 06:19 PM

We both received our Kindle Fire yesterday. It is awesome. I have been using the Kindle for a couple of years, but the Fire is so much better. In color, you can download music--just got an Elvis album and I feel like I am 16 again, just with more pains. You can get on the web, get your Email.I am very interested in streaming movies, but I havent got there yet. And of course you can't forget the books, and newspappers and magazines. The only con that I have seen so far is the Fire does not have a non- glare screen, but that us only a problem if you are reading in bright sunlight.I like the bigger screen also Is this too long?