Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with Maricopa,AZ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-familiar-maricopa-az-t171020.html)

willferg 12-05-2011 08:36 AM

Anyone familiar with Maricopa,AZ?

My in-laws moved there about a year ago, and for Christmas I'd like to get them a gift certificate to a nice restaurant. The problem is, when I look online, I only see fast food types. I know there must be more choices in the vicinity, but I don't know how far away any place is.

Anyone familiar with the area have any restaurant suggestions?

Thanks!

sharon b 12-05-2011 08:53 AM

What is their favorite place to eat- maybe go to the restaurant home page - like Logans , Cracker Barrell, etc. Might have better luck that way

Macie 12-05-2011 09:13 AM

I started writing this without the name of the restaurant. But here it is. The name is RigaTony's it is real authentic Italian means. They have an antipasta that can not be beat. Try www.rigatonys.com. this may come up for you it is in Tempe, Az. You will not be disappointed with your gift to your in-laws. Be sure they make reservations for the evening.

ptquilts 12-05-2011 10:10 AM

also try Yelp.com for local reviews.

willferg 12-05-2011 10:30 AM

I tried yelp and some other online sources, but there was nothing that was a full, sit-down restaurant. I guess Maricopa is pretty small?

Thanks for the Italian restaurant recommendation. It looks like it's about a 40-minute drive? I guess that could work. Do you know if any of the golf courses have nice restaurants?

RobertaMarie 12-05-2011 05:33 PM

Maricopa, Arizona is very small, indeed.
So is Maricopa, California.....
I used to live in Arizona, and now live in California..... both were within driving distance. neither of them a big place at all. Sorry.

katzak 12-06-2011 07:55 AM

It looks as if I'll have to pick up the ball and run with it. I live one town over from Maricopa in Casa Grande. Maricopa doesn't really have much in the way of "nice" restaurants, but mostly only fast food joints. I can make suggestions for you:

Mi Amigo Ricardo - truly authentic Mexican food and inexpensive - 821 E. Florence Blvd in Casa Grande - 520-836-3858
La Stalla - the best Italian restaurant anywhere near (I'm from NY, so I really know good Italian) - 68 W Buffalo Street, Chandler AZ 85225 480-855-9990. La Stalla is family owned from New Jersey and it's my FAVORITE restaurant out here.
Texas Roadhouse Restaurants: This chain has DELICIOUS food no matter which one you visit. Steaks are cooked "to a t" and consistently the best. Never leave there feeling hungry. You can order a gift card online from them, and it can be used at any location (Marana- I-10, Mesa Rte 60 & Stapely Dr., Queen Creek by the 202, etc.)

My two top favorites don't have websites, but are very good local suggestions. We also have Mimi's and Olive Garden in Casa Grande.

The thing we found out about Arizona is that if you don't like Mexican food, your choices are only fast food spots.
Hope this helps you!
Kat from Casa Grande

willferg 12-06-2011 08:51 AM

These are perfect suggestions -- thank you very much! I'm going to see what my husband thinks his parents would prefer and go from there! Thanks again!