Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone use " Nzymes" for their dog? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-use-%22-nzymes%22-their-dog-t70779.html)

roselady 10-17-2010 08:28 PM

I have a sweet part golden retriever, Rosie. We rescued her, so we don't know much about her history. We have had her 2 1/2 years and from the time we got her she has been "itchy". She chews her feet, and scratches constantly. We have tried everything the vet has offered, nothing has worked well. We had her on Atopica and that helped some, but she vomited a lot while she was taking it, and it cost $150.00 a month! Even if we could afford it, I don't really like the idea of her taking it for the rest of her life. She recently has gotten really bad again, her ears are constantly a mess, so we took her to the vet. She did a couple of swabs, her ears and her skin, she found sooo much yeast. Anyway I did a search and found "Nzymes". They say that most dogs diagnosed with allergies, actually have systemic yeast issues, and they have had lots of success with their products. They described her to a T. I ordered the products, and I am so hopeful. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

purplemem 10-17-2010 08:47 PM

I havent heard of this but I have a chihuahua so allergic to grass that he has been on steroids for 10 years. He now weighs 16 pounds. He takes 2 steroid pills and 1 anti-depressant every day. I really hope this works for your dog (and maybe then, mine).

scowlkat 10-17-2010 09:34 PM

Please let us know how they work. I have a chihuahua that also has itchiness! I give him Benadryl after the vet told me that the steroids were the reason he has gone from 5 to 8 lbs. I can't imagine your baby at 16 pounds, purplemem!

purplemem 10-17-2010 09:41 PM

People tease him *us* all the time because he is as big as a pug. He can't help it, and he's always starving. I saw my brother gain 59 pounds in two months on steroids, then my brother could stop them. My poor doggie can't, he claws the skin off if he doesn't have his medicine. And benadryl did not even touch his allergy.

mayday 10-18-2010 01:08 AM

Would be interested to know outcome plse; once had a rescue with minor itchyness and mixed sm amounts of lavender/tee tree oil with water and sprayed/ rubbed it on ,seemed to help but not had -thankfully-- any as bad as you describe.

wolfkitty 10-18-2010 01:13 AM

My heart goes out to all of you with furry babies with health issues!

CarrieAnne 10-18-2010 04:01 AM

Poor Rosie! I was going to suggest benedryl, have you tried it? It might help!

KathyAire 10-18-2010 04:11 AM

I am not familiar with Nzymes. Do you have a holistic vet in your area? I have not been to any, but have heard raves about them. When my Ruby was having issues, we did not live in an area with a holistic vet. Once I switched my dogs to 'grain free' kibbles, their itchies stopped.
What is Rosie eating? One of the worse things is a dog food with corn in it. If my two eat corn, they will be shaking their heads and flapping their ears. Corn can cause lots of yeast in their ears.

watterstide 10-18-2010 04:16 AM

what about trying a "grain free dog food".?

alot of allergies are food related too.

i would slowly switch foods for your baby, just to see if it will help.

once the ears are cleaned..keep the ears flipped back so air can circulate,get in them. poor baby.
i hope you can find the answer to help...

janRN 10-18-2010 05:02 AM

We had a dog that had yeast infections in his ears-nothing worked. Finally the vet said try Monistat (yes, ladies, that good old vaginal yeast infection treatment LOL). He had us put some on q-tips and put in the dogs ears. It worked!!