Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone watch American Idol? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-watch-american-idol-t125772.html)

quiltsillysandi 05-26-2011 03:49 AM

Yes, I thought that kid was not only cute, but loved his voice......

Scotty is will do well and so will Lauren.....

San

sewmuchmore 05-26-2011 04:01 AM

I am wishing both to do well, In my book they both won :thumbup: To tell the turth I love both and could not vote for just one of them. :?

quiltinghere 05-26-2011 04:02 AM

I don't watch

julia58 05-26-2011 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
they both won but I was rooting for lauren. I did like how Scotty said he and Lauren had been together thru the whole thing and that they would stay together.

Did anyone else think Scotty looked like Alfred E Neuman???? ( The kid on the MAD magazines)

I was thinking of Howdy Doodie, but Alfred E Neuman is right up there also. Anyway, i'm sure they will both enjoy the ride.

ssgramma 05-26-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by julia58

they both won but I was rooting for lauren. I did like how Scotty said he and Lauren had been together thru the whole thing and that they would stay together.

Did anyone else think Scotty looked like Alfred E Neuman???? ( The kid on the MAD magazines)

I was thinking of Howdy Doodie, but Alfred E Neuman is right up there also. Anyway, i'm sure they will both enjoy the ride.

I thought young Jimmie Dean.

Agreeing w/everyone on both were so talented and GAGA=GAG ME!!!

Sandygirl 05-26-2011 04:50 AM

2 sweet wholesome kids and they bring on the trash?? Lady Gaga and Beyonce? Sorry, I like Beyonce "at times" but I think her show is trashy...nasty dancing,etc. This was the Idol contestants night and they devoted too much of it to big name stars. At least bring on the more wholesome stars that don't gyrate all over the place. While I have grown to like J Lo on the show, I somehow was uncomfortable with her performance too. Love Marc Anthony tho. Great voice! I was glad that he was not lecherous.
my opinion.
sandy

Sandygirl 05-26-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
It was a great show, minus lady gaga. I was yelling at the tv, LOL! There were too many young people watching. My niece made her kids leave the room for a few minutes. What were they thinking?

I agree! Trash up the show that has two sweet, wholesome finalist? crzy.
sandy

samifel 05-26-2011 05:10 AM

Yep!

lynnsim 05-26-2011 05:17 AM

My DH has faithfully watched all the seasons of American Idol; however, this was my first. I was rooting for Scotty from the first. I do believe all of the 11 finalists were wonderful and that the last 5 were all great. I hope the next season is as good.
My sentiments exactly on Lady GaGa & Beyonce sp?

alikat110 05-26-2011 05:25 AM

My daughter cried because Lauren did not win. She was better after I told her Lauren would still put out music that she could buy. Sarah thought only the winner would have a career!!!