Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t217871.html)

Vanogay 04-04-2013 10:47 AM

Welcome to all the new skinny people well - Wannabes, anyway!! Mailed 3 months of skinny quarters and they should be landing at your home by weeks end. Today has not been one of my better days - not that I've eaten anything bad, I've felt like whale belly. At church last night for supper, they had hot dogs, cole slaw and beans. I ate a hot dog and it did not sit well at all. I have been paying for it all day long - I'll have lost weight, I bet by the time all this is settled. Let you know tomorrow.

JuneBillie 04-04-2013 11:41 AM

I probably missed it, but who won for last month? It has been a raining day here today. I will be sending out my skinny quarter tomorrow.

createfourpaws 04-04-2013 11:42 AM

there must be something in the air, cause something I ate yesterday didn't agree with me. I was up most of the night with a bad stomach ache and nausea. Not a good thing when you are diabetic and can't keep anything down. Was afraid to fall asleep and my sugars falling.

createfourpaws 04-04-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5977862)
I probably missed it, but who won for last month? It has been a raining day here today. I will be sending out my skinny quarter tomorrow.

no you didn't miss it, i was sick last night and didn't post. I am so sorry. I will look tonight when I get home and post the winner.

Teddybear Lady 04-04-2013 01:02 PM

I'm down 2.6 lbs. for this week. My total now since Jan. 1 is 29.6 lbs. I'm almost to 30 lbs. Drinking lots of water and staying away from high sodium products helps me the most. I am on a planned diet that is about 1200 calories a day. If I can be brave enough, I'll post a Jan. picture along side a March picture. I know I have a long way to go but at least I tell myself I'm headed in the right direction.

We can do this. It just takes a few changes a little at a time.

Debbie
The Teddybear Lady

Teddybear Lady 04-04-2013 01:06 PM

My picture

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if this will work. We'll see. haha

January 1st - March 31st.

Teddybear Lady 04-04-2013 01:08 PM

Haha, my mom tells me I look old with long hair. I tell her that's because I am old! I'm 60! I don't care, it's just hair. haha It's also a little gray too when I don't color it. Who cares!

Teddybear Lady 04-04-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by rob529 (Post 5972825)
I'm in also. You would think the looks the Dr gives me would be motivation enough but no, but I LOVE fabric.
Robin in Brownwood TX

Haha, same here.

Shadowirish 04-04-2013 01:25 PM

Good job Teddybear, your loss is very noticeable....keep up the good work!

createfourpaws 04-04-2013 01:32 PM

The March winner for weight loss is Teddybear Lady. Congrats on your loss. She lost 8.8 lbs in March. Keep up your hard work.

congrats on your continued loss. I am down 3 lbs since my last doctor visit.