Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April Weight Loss 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-weight-loss-2016-a-t277212.html)

Pam H 04-07-2016 02:53 PM

Congrats on your impressive achievement, Anna! I wish you much luck on maintaining your weight loss. That is certainly the hardest part. As long as you keep away from the sugar and limit your starch you will do fine. Sounds like you have your portion sizes under control. You will do great!

Irishrose2 04-09-2016 12:30 PM

Congratulations, Anna. You can and will maintain your loss.
I just stopped by to see how y'all are doing. I've had something odd happen. I had to be on a course of steroids to heal my back after a fall. I was so concerned that I would gain 15 pounds (I have the few times I've used them in the past) that I watched what I ate. I lost two or three pounds! I think I will see if I can drop a few more, but will be cautious about too much. I'd rather have a few extra pounds that a gaunt looking face and neck. It's hard to know what I'd really like to weigh. I'm not 23 any more and have lost so much in height. 100 pounds + 5 for every inch over 5 foot is 125. Add another 5 for every decade past by my 25th birthday, totals 150 pounds. Subtract a few for my smaller bone structure and I'm in the ball game now.
I second Anna in wishing you the best on your weight loss journey. And the same to Anna and me to keep it off.
BTW, I can sew again because my back is healing, so I finished a darling baby quilt - and the baby hasn't arrived. :thumbup: Cataract surgery this week only cost me 2 days away from the machine.

meanmom 04-10-2016 04:11 PM

Hi Irish. Hope your back is doing better. Once to hear from you. I left the house at 7:15 yesterday morning for my 2 exercise classes. then went to a short meeting. Then was headed shopping etc. I became the shopping trip from Hell! I went to Kohls and that wasn't too bad except they didn't have my size in a couple of things I wanted, I figured it saved me some money. I tried to go to Chik Fil A for lunch. There wasn't a single parking place in the lot, it was so crowded I couldn't even got out of the parking lot, same thing at Panera. I ended up at Wendy's drive thru. I got a pecan, apple, chicken salad, it was lousy. I headed to the LQS they didn't have what I wanted. Then grocery shopping at Meijer. OMG!! 4 different things on sale weren't on the shelf and I had to hunt someone down, not an easy thing to do. The deli line took forever. I was supposed to get a coupon for $5 off my next order and it didn't come out of the machine, so another line at the service desk. I was ready to throw something at someone by the time I left. One more stop and I finally made it home at 5. I took a short nap before I killed someone. I also need 2 truffles for my nerves and felt much better. enough ranting from me.
I am making a baby quilt for a good friend, she is due in June. It took her 5 years to get pregnant, I am so happy for her. All the quilt needs is a binding. I will post a picture in a few days. I also need 2 more baby quilts for my nieces but I have a while for them. I don't even know when they are due yet. I know one of them is only about 6 weeks along, I'm not supposed to know yet.

Annaquilts 04-12-2016 12:26 PM

Ugh meanmom that sounds like the shopping trip from #%@&%. The last couple times i went shopping I had people cutting in line of me at the register. I finally said something to the last person and she left. Come on people! One thing that happened several times is people coming in line from the other side of the cash register, the side you excit at. When I am unloading my cart they run around the front and throw their stuff down and pay. It put the often young cash register lady in an awkward position and they let the person pay. Another one is when they cut in front of you when a cash register person asks you to wait and takes you out of line to help you at the next register. One time DH and I had two families cut in from the other side of the register. When I pointed it out to the store manager, who had told us to move to the register, she wasn't happy about it and did move us again to another register to help us. Fortunately parking has not been too bad.

Leann 04-17-2016 06:41 AM

Irish, wow, lose weight on steroids - you WERE being diligent! Hope your back continues to improve.

Anna, I am appalled at the lack of manners in our world today. My son tells me about the language of his customers picking up prescriptions - and they aren't the slightest bit ashamed. How atrocious!

I am down a couple of pounds for the month - like Pam said, I'm trying to watch the sugar and starch, especially at dinner.

Pat, will get my skinnies in the mail this week - still haven't been to the fabric store!

meanmom 04-18-2016 05:04 PM

I wore a pair of capri's to work today from last year. They drove me nuts all day, they were falling down:-)
The scale still isn't moving like I think it should but the fit of my clothes is changing. I guess my working out is paying off.

Annaquilts 04-21-2016 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 7527097)
I wore a pair of capri's to work today from last year. They drove me nuts all day, they were falling down:-)

That is so funny! Kind of a good problem, right?

meanmom 04-24-2016 05:14 AM

We had an all day quilting workshop yesterday to make Quilts of Valor. We always bring covered dishes for lunch. I did really well until I got to the desserts. YUM! I brought a bar cookie that is supposed to taste like a Take 5 bar. Pretzel crust, topped with a peanut butter layer, caramel and nuts and chocolate. OMG was it good. Also someone brought cookies MMMMMM! There were leftovers of the bars so of course I ate another one last night. They keep calling my name. I started to eat one this morning for breakfast and told myself OMG no, I had to spit it out in the sink. I need to get them out of here so I quit eating them. Taking them to work tomorrow. (if I don't eat them all by then) SO what stupid thing did I do, there is a raspberry/rhubarb pie in my oven.

Pam H 04-26-2016 02:32 PM

Pat, those bars sound so good! So does the pie!
I didn't do as well eliminating sugar this month as I had hoped/planned. :(
Now I just remembered I didn't get my fq's in the mail. I found the ones I want to send a couple of weeks ago. They will get mailed out tomorrow when I'm not babysitting.

meanmom 04-26-2016 06:21 PM

I put the bars in the teachers lounge and they were gone pretty quickly. They were gone before my lunch time. Several aides are out so I keep getting pulled for other duties. This happens a lot since they cut the pay last year for subs they can't get any. My kindergartener finally got moved to the emotional disturbed unit. She is rally too bad for there but it is a step in the right direction. I now am working with another 2nd grader. He just moved into our district last Monday. He is pretty strange. He was suspended in his first week. 2nd grade went on a field trip today so I got to stay back with the kids who weren't allowed to go. I had 6 kids. 4 of them did pretty well. The other 2 were a pain. It was a long day. I am too tired to sew. I am in charge of 2 projects for the next guild meeting, in 2 weeks ad just can't get in the mood to do them.