Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/arrrgg-weight-loss-commercials-t41504.html)

marsye 04-02-2010 08:34 AM

I'm so sick of the weight loss commercials when some skinny little witch :lol: gets on there and says she's lost 28 pounds and its changed her life because she used to be a size 10 and now she's a size 4!!! Holy crap!! My whole leg is a size 4!!!!!!!! Lets hear results from people that were 300 pounds!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm done. Chocolate anyone? :lol:

Rachel 04-02-2010 08:38 AM

sniff sniff. I'm not even sure my leg would fit into a 4. tee hee

yes, definately need chocolate to recover from this one.

Rose Hall 04-02-2010 08:39 AM

I so agree!

and of course, the celebs that are spokespeople and then 2 years later you hear about the weight they need to lose AGAIN.
not the best publicity, huh?

Rose

amma 04-02-2010 08:42 AM

I looked at some of these ads where they say they have lost 50 pounds, and they don't look like they could have lost that much :roll: maybe 15 or 20...

Jim's Gem 04-02-2010 08:50 AM

I agree also!! 28 lbs!!! I would dearly love to be a size 10 again!!!!!

mytwopals 04-02-2010 09:16 AM

This week on the biggest loser, they had a man who went from 672 lbs down to 248 lbs. I think, I have the numbers correct or at least close. It was amazing to see. He lost over 400 lbs. Now that was a transformation.

marsye 04-02-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
This week on the biggest loser, they had a man who went from 672 lbs down to 248 lbs. I think, I have the numbers correct or at least close. It was amazing to see. He lost over 400 lbs. Now that was a transformation.

Great! Thats what I'm talking about! People like him should do the commercials!!!!! :thumbup:

Up North 04-02-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by mytwopals

Great! Thats what I'm talking about! People like him should do the commercials!!!!! :thumbup:

They should, but the problem is they did it by cutting calories and exercising the weight loss commercials claim a pill will work-NOT-

raptureready 04-02-2010 09:26 AM

Those commercials are sickening. If they'd lost that much weight in the time that they say they have they wouldn't be all toned up and firm. Toning takes about again as long if not longer than losing the weight unless you exercise constantly and loose the weight slowly. Besides, on an average height woman 20 is one dress size. There's no way a 28 lb weight loss could result in a 3 size reduction. Use to be that the different people portraying one that had lost weight was obvious now with computer enhancement they can use the same people.

QBeth 04-02-2010 10:04 AM

Oh I SO agree with everyone!! Having lost BIG weight three times in my life, I can honestly say that losing the weight (although not easy) is not the hardest part. It's keeping the weight off that is really tough!!!

Don't know if anyone else saw this a couple of years back.... the episode of Oprah where Kirstie Alley did a tap dance in tights to show off her new weight loss? I felt like crying for her because I knew what would happen. Yup, she gained it back. And, for her, all so publicly. Poor woman.