Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Attn Horse People and Costume Creators! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/attn-horse-people-costume-creators-t202296.html)

QuiltingKrazy 10-04-2012 11:56 AM

Attn Horse People and Costume Creators!

Hey Y'all all!

My daugher's best friend is in the World Finals in Perry GA the end of October for Barrel Racing and Pole Bending and I just found out they are having a costume contest for the horse and rider for Halloween!
$300 cash prize!!!!!!!! Sooooo.....

I am calling on any and all persons, people, sewers, quilters ANYONE... that may have an idea for a costume for a horse and rider combo. Please share any pictures, links, patterns advise etc!

I have made costumes before for my kids many times but not one quite so big! I just really need some kind of idea to help her win! After all she is like my third daughter!

Thanks is advance Y'all! :thumbup:

Rylandon3 10-04-2012 01:15 PM

I'm not sure how old she is, but if she is working, could she relate her costume to her job? It sounds exciting and good luck to all of you.

Tink's Mom 10-04-2012 01:41 PM

It is probably done all the time...but...how about a knight and his/her horse. You could use a silver lame fabric for armor, and maybe tin foil or heating ducts for around boots.

Elise1 10-04-2012 04:12 PM

How old is your daughter's best friend?

Can you share any of her interests that might help us out?

twoxover 10-04-2012 04:20 PM

the best costume i saw was years ago....a girl dressed up as snoopy and her horse was the biplane "he flew when he battled the red baron"...complete with biplane wings sticking out!

it was a really good pony.....

Tartan 10-04-2012 04:31 PM

I think it would have to be something the horse would be comfortable wearing. I don't know if the horse would be comfortable with a unicorn horn? That would be simple for the horse and she could dress up as a beautiful maiden?

QuiltingKrazy 10-04-2012 04:33 PM

Kristen is 24 and works in a doctors office. She is a full fledge country cowgirl at heart! Her horse is named Diesal and is a dark brown and full grown! I was trying to think of something to go with sayings like "horse sense" or "dont look a gift horse in the mouth" or whatever that saying was or is...

Jan in VA 10-04-2012 04:35 PM

Oh, you have GOT to google "images of horses in costumes"!!!! Saw some adorable ones just a minute ago....Dorothy and the cowardly lion/horse; a black horse painted (I assume?) to show its skeleton; a horse in a dragon costume....there were some really cute ones to copy!

Jan in VA

momto5 10-04-2012 04:43 PM

How about the Headless Horseman? Especially since it will be around Halloween...

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-04-2012 04:47 PM

Wow! Horses dressed for Halloween is a new one on me. I googled as Jan suggested and there are some super creative people and patient horses out there!