Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August 2012 weight loss adventure with a prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t196194.html)

CountryHouseQuilter 08-01-2012 08:09 AM

Okay, really funny that I just found this and read it. I have been fighting weight loss and dieting for many moons. I have finally resolved to do it!!!! I started on Monday. So if I'm reading this right the winner gets a bunch of fat quarters mailed to them? Works for me. I'm joining!!

createfourpaws 08-01-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cdmmiracles (Post 5410034)
Count me in again. I'd sent you a pm saying I slacked and would mail my fat quarter to the winner.....but actually sounds easier if Like Nancia's request, you just take one from my june winnings for July and August (if that's ok with you). Thanks so much. Good Luck everyone! I'm down 3lbs for July.......not as good as June :( but still going the right direction :).

Done......not a problem. I will be mailing them soon. I am sorry I haven't mailed your winnings. Life has been tough and crazy.

Konnie 08-01-2012 03:28 PM

I barely lost anything. But I will try again. Where do I send the fq from last month and what was the theme? I must have missed that.

Vanogay 08-02-2012 09:22 AM

Well, I lost in June, stayed the same in July until just about the end of the month and picked up 2 pounds - really don't even like thinking about it. I'm in for August and my fall themed FQ will be in the mail by week's end.
Konnie, last month was 'cool colors' or a icy shade of blue to keep us 'kool'. I so wanted mine back, but I didn't work hard enough. I'll send one of my prettiest fall FQs and maybe I"ll work harder!!!!!!!

quilthappygail 08-02-2012 10:02 AM

I am in also. Only two pounds in July. Will send my FQ direct since I never got to the PO.
Gail

sewhappy30 08-02-2012 05:43 PM

Going on vacation this month, so I probably won't eat very healthy. We'll see.

meanmom 08-02-2012 08:14 PM

I went to the post office and had them weigh one envelope with a FQ then I bought several stamps for that amount. 65cents. Then I don't have to go there every month. It isn't far but the lines are usually long. I bought 4 last time I was there.
This month isn't going well. At the rate I am going I will get the prize for the most weight gained. My DS is home from Japan and has been a terrible influence on my. Pizza 4 times in a week. Plus other bad things. IT HAS GOT TO STOP!

Pam H 08-02-2012 08:35 PM

Pizza is the worst! I always gain a lb or 2 if eat pizza. Why do I have to love it so much?

meanmom 08-03-2012 04:47 AM

I drove my boys to the local bar last night. I went to pick them up at 1:00AM like they asked. My son was celebrating his birthday. I ended up having a drink with them and playing pool until 2:30 AM. OMG I was playing pool like a pool shark. I haven't played pool in 20 years or so. I made some amazing shots. Not sure how that happened as I am terrible at pool. ON the way home they had to have White Castle hamburgers and so did I. They were so good. Going upstairs in a few to get on the elliptical'

quilthappygail 08-03-2012 10:26 AM

Mean mom, Sounds like a great time with your son. like you I HAVEN'T PLAYED POOL IN YEARS, and I never was very good .
I am being very good so far if I can just keep it up. Take one day at a time. Eat well, drink lots do water and exersize.
Hope I can keep it up.
Best of luck to all.
Createfourpaws! Congrats on your awesome loss.

Gail