Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Aussie Big W (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/aussie-big-w-t68981.html)

noveltyjunkie 10-08-2010 02:31 AM

Today is the first time I have seen FQs in Big W- were they always there?!!!!!

lindyline 10-08-2010 02:36 AM

Ours had always had them.

katesnanna 10-08-2010 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Today is the first time I have seen FQs in Big W- were they always there?!!!!!

For quite a few years now. They don't really promote them.

tweetee 10-08-2010 03:43 AM

Ours has had them for years too

noveltyjunkie 10-08-2010 04:01 AM

The store I was in had no more than 100 fqs total- the quality looked ok, better than the Lincraft ones, I thought, but I have gone off Lincraft anyhow- very hard to work with on my current project- do you find that too? Do your Big W stores have more? I did pick up some nice 'remnant' pieces in Big W though- great for some other projects I have on the go- I was so happy to find some fabric when I was just doing boring shopping!

tweetee 10-08-2010 03:37 PM

They are better quality than the Lincraft ones I think too. Do you have a Spotlight near you?
My Big W doesnt have alot anymore, they used to have a whole rack of remnants and fat quarters, now its just a small portion on the notions part. The fat quarters a bt on the expensive side for me too, cheaper at Spotlight

noveltyjunkie 10-08-2010 04:15 PM

Thanks for that tip- my Spotlight is about 40 minutes away, which is not counted as "near" where I live, but any excuse is enough to take me there! I thought I paid 3.99 for FQs there, and they were 3.60 something at Big W (but maybe I am deluded- I should be ashamed to admit that if I want it, I want it, and I don't always check the price)

If I need something in a hurry though, or if I really need to have a choice of one hundred pinks instead of just forty, I go to a great (but expensive) LQS which is only ten mins away (and has a great cafe near it. mmmm)

Oh, I am all tempted to go there now, but I must resist! Have jobs to do...... projects to finish.... children to care for...

Have a great weekend!

blahel 10-09-2010 12:14 AM

our big W in Perth has them but they dont have much choice. Spotlight does have a reasonable range but try textile traders..

earthwalker 10-09-2010 12:53 AM

I am near Perth. Spotlight has a special on Wed 6th - Sunday 24th Oct. Flat fats VIP disc. 25% - $1.87 - $2.99 each. This excludes flat fats bundles. Seems like they have a decent selection. Textile Traders are my favourite, but lately I haven't been buying so many fqs, just off the bolt. We did have a Lincraft in Cannington but it closed, not sure if they have any stores left in WA anymore.

noveltyjunkie 10-09-2010 04:28 AM

Next time I am in WA I'll check out textile traders for sure!