Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Auto correct (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/auto-correct-t205733.html)

jitkaau 11-13-2012 05:32 AM

Both computer and phone spelling autos are frustrating for an "English" speller rather than an American one.

quiltmom04 11-13-2012 05:42 AM

You CAN turn that feature off!

coopah 11-13-2012 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5651712)
I hate that too! Why do they have to have beepers? I can hear just fine when the motor stops running. When we replaced our microwave a few years back, the number one item on my wish list was the option to turn the dang beep off.

We have a new washer (that I detest. I could go beat my clothes on a rock and get the same results) and dryer that sing a song when they're done. Fortunately, that can easily be turned off. I didn't know the auto-correct could be turned off on the iPhone. Checking that out!! If you type the same thing about three times, it will "let" it stand, but that's a pain in the caboose!

carolynjo 11-13-2012 07:54 AM

Well, this post explains the weird message we sometimes get here! I have machines that think they're smarter than we are!

Peckish 11-13-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau (Post 5653456)
Both computer and phone spelling autos are frustrating for an "English" speller rather than an American one.

All those extra U's, I suppose.... Lol! :D

MimiBug123 11-13-2012 12:41 PM

I disabled my auto correct because some of the texts had things that weren't even words!

roguequilter 11-13-2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 5650735)
Who here hates it on the cell phones and I pad, I keep having to edit my posts because of it drives me nuts

i turned auto correct off on my ipad after it kept changing people names. auto correct on mobile devices is as dumb as it is on my pc. which also has it turned off.

captlynhall 11-13-2012 06:24 PM

I hate the automatic edit on my Android. I spend more time trying to make it say what I want than it would take to type every letter. If I can find a way to turn it off, I will.

Oh, yea, I want to scream every time the microwave beeps me, not to mention the cloths dryer. If I could actually explode, I would when that thing beeps over and over. Geez, am I getting to be an old grouch, or what?

Peckish 11-13-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by captlynhall (Post 5655181)
Oh, yea, I want to scream every time the microwave beeps me, not to mention the cloths dryer. If I could actually explode, I would when that thing beeps over and over. Geez, am I getting to be an old grouch, or what?

No, I don't think you're a grouch. Whose idea was it to make all this cr*p beep at us anyway?? Probably the same idiot who invented underwire bras and commercials. I could do without THEM, too!

sassey 11-15-2012 03:08 PM

I don't hate the auto correct near as much as I hate when I use voice typing for text messages and it gets almost every word wrong Hardly use it because it is such a pain