Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Autumn is Here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/autumn-here-t26794.html)

Edie 10-09-2009 02:15 PM

I just finished up making stuffed green peppers for the freezer (for this winter) and the whole house smells so good! Not only that but I have squash in the oven and that is smelling up the house. It is chilly out and there is snow a'comin' and right now, in our home, all's well with the world! Edie

littlehud 10-09-2009 04:17 PM

Ohhhh, I love stuffed peppers. I bet the house does smell wonderful.

Pzazz 10-09-2009 04:24 PM

Edie....we had a wee taste this afternoon of the snow heading your way. Didn't amount to much...I hope it doesnt' for you either. The chill has certainly got me going in the kitchen as well....tomorrow is freezing tomatoes, cooking/canning pumkin. Hopefully a bit of sewing as well.

MNQuilter 10-09-2009 06:10 PM

Our plan for dinner tomorrow is brocolli cheese soup and hot fresh bread. Perfect for a cold chilly day!

sharon b 10-09-2009 06:25 PM

We are suppose to get some of that "S" stuff Monday :twisted: And then by Friday back up in the 60's ! Go figure :?

trupeach 10-09-2009 06:28 PM

I love the snow and winter is my favorite season. I am so jealous.

kd124 10-09-2009 08:58 PM

Not yet, I still have work to do outside. We still have some veggies growing and even some blooms on the cukes. Now we are busy harvesting grapes.We have been having a beautiful weather which means I haven't been able to quilt much lately.

Edie 10-10-2009 02:26 AM

Oh my Golly! It is 5:19 AM and there is snow on the ground! Arrrrgggghhh! Good thing we got the grass seed down the other day. Now I have a perfect excuse to sit and sew ALL day long! I was starting a quilt for my husband and me, but then remembered our son's best friend and wife are having a baby in December, so I will make one! Nine twelve inch blocks with sashing and a border, hand quilt and tie. I have all the ingredients right here in my sash. My last three quilts are being done with my stash. Use 'em up and buy some more. I love buying fat and flat quarters. I have only made one quilt by strict pattern. All the rest of them each square in the blocks mean something. Which is why I write a book with each quilt so whoever or is it whomever gets the quilt knows the true method of my madness.

Going out in a little while to have coffee with the sister from Danbury, Wisc who is a fantastic quilter. She does her own designing. Actually, right now she is making curtains out of "Chinese Coin" that she made completely by hand - No machine! She doesn't like to work with a machine. She likes to have her little cookie tin (the kind that the Danish Cookies come in) and take it wherever she goes - she says her hands are more portable than a sewing machine.

So just to let you know what St. Paul is doing right now - IT'S SNOWING!! Edie

Pzazz 10-10-2009 05:44 AM

Oh how I love this "small world" we live in, Edie. My very best friend, matron of honour at our wedding, lives in Danbury. She and her hubby bought a beautiful piece of property on a lake there when they retired.

Our bit of snow from yesterday has already gone...more coming this afternoon. Hubby is away to watch daughter in CC running meet, so I am hoping to get a bit of sewing done in between processing veggies. Might even go pull the last of the beets from the garden. Or the old body might give out before my ambitious ideas are done. LOL

Edie 10-10-2009 05:51 AM

My sister lives on Lake Minerva! Just had coffee with her. In town to help the Mother (almost 93)! She still quilts! Mom that is.

I froze beets the other day - never knew you could until I found out you have to cook them through. Have you ever had buttered beets with a dollop of sour cream. Really good!

Have pretty well done all the freezing I can this year. We have to get a side of beef pretty soon. We had a Charolais/Limousin that last time - good but we like the Angus/Hereford the best. Now we just have to find one good producer, and a good butcher. I will be helping a friend of mine clean deer come November. We usually end up with a whole deer by the time I am through helping. I enjoy cleaning the deer - no bones, no tallow, just pure, unadulterated no cholesterol meat!

Edie