Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   B/F 16 yrs got new job but now I am concerned (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/b-f-16-yrs-got-new-job-but-now-i-am-concerned-t62416.html)

twistedsheets 08-31-2010 03:04 PM

Called me here a couple hours ago, and informed me the co. was looking for a truck that had been missing and not made delivery in Fla. on sat. He was heading to fla. and the co. stopped him around the Houston area to search for this truck. Of course my luck he found it and the driver. He now has the truck boxed in so the driver can not get away without causing alot of damage to all vehicles and the mia driver has hookers in and out of the truck on his quest for more drugs. Apparently the guy seems high on crack and because the vehicle is on truckstop property it is considered private properly and the cops won't get involved until the driver leaves that property. We did this for another co. when we were a driving team and swore never again, drug addicts are too unpredectable. Now here he is , alone , faced to hold this truck alone until the co. gets other drivers and a tow truck there to get total possession of this truck, and the wayward driver and his possessions out of it. The laws need to change over this garbage, so innocent drivers and employees of these comps. are not placed in danger. $15 hr. big deal, life is worth more than that but this is what the company will reward him for this while they sit safely in the office and command this from there phones. In the mean time he looses sleep he needs to get his load ON TIME to the receiver, and I sit her still still sick from a recent illness, now adding stress that if this guy goes off the deep-end my partner of 16 years could be a victim of the aftermath. Apparently this driver is in his 30's mine is 60. I can see this young man has ruined his life I can only sit and pray he doesn't destroy ours now by doing something really stupid between now and the final outcome. The only bright spot is an owner op acroos the street has invited him to sit in his truck across the street wheree they can keep an eye on the vehicles without him having to sit in his own and become a sitting target!

Chasing Hawk 08-31-2010 03:08 PM

Prayers sent, I hope your B/F makes out ok.

bearisgray 08-31-2010 03:13 PM

Hi, twisted sheets,

Was wondering how things were going in your life.

Hope this has a good outcome.

Sending good thoughts.

virtualbernie 08-31-2010 03:23 PM

Keep us posted!

craftybear 08-31-2010 03:25 PM

keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers

mom-6 08-31-2010 03:32 PM

It is really sad what drug addiction does to a person and the ill effects it creates for all those he is around.

Prayers rising for your BF's safety and speedy recovery of his load and a swift, safe resolution to the whole situation.

twistedsheets 08-31-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Hi, twisted sheets,

Was wondering how things were going in your life.

Hope this has a good outcome.

Sending good thoughts.

I was ecstatic when he finally got to orientation last week, especially with the recent hospital bill I created! Can not look at an egg now for sure, be along time before I ever do.Working on getting my stregnth back now.Told him he just keeps getting miles for a month before even considering taking time off, we can catch up and honor my deal I made . Which he knows about is still on hold hopefully with you. He was inpressed with what he heard in orientation, and most loads are drop and hook. Mostly seem to be furniture. He did a load to a military base , and I understand when they unload the pay the driver $15 an hr detention time and all the driver does is fold furniture pads as its unloaded. Thought this is great.Understood they really check out the drivers and background cause they want dependable. Some how this driver fell thru the cracks.when this is said and done and payday comes next friday we will see if all is true. In the mean time thank you,I sit and wait for this to play through. Hoping for the best!! Thank you!! I will be calling you soon!Hoping your loved one is doing fine also I saw the article posted I beleive on your nephew! Pray all comes out well. Don't know if its just me, but is the world going insane? People's actions hurt others besides themselves. This is why I can't go back to driving, reality is crashing in around me!!

Ditter43 08-31-2010 03:54 PM

Amazing how many twists and turns life can make sometimes! I am with everyone else here in hoping this is resolved with no one getting hurt..... :|

twistedsheets 08-31-2010 04:48 PM

A wrecker just showed up I am told, and dear b/f got off phone to see was it there to tow his truck away or waiting on Mark the driver enroute to latch onto the other truck being blocked in. I now know the names of all drivers.Mark was a repo man , and told my b/f actually in life I call him my hubby, to stay clear of the wayward driver he blocked in. That in normal a normal state of mind, and from dealing with him in the recent past the guy thinks he's a Lion , and has a violent temper on a GOOD DAY! How nice. They beleive the drugs have his mind muttled at present, but as they wear off his explosive persoonality with come reigning forth.I really hope this guy don't have a wife or children at home! Hate to think how those poor people would have to live, just from the updates I'm getting on this. Hubby says right now me, Marks wife and another driver's wife enroute to Houston area , , WELL we are all giving our guys a chewing about dealing with this and concerned about their safety!!YEP THAT'S RIGHT GUYS!! Your women are the first to worry about you!!

BellaBoo 08-31-2010 05:09 PM

The management of this company made a very bad judgement call telling an employee to put himself in danger. Very bad.