Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Baby Back Ribs for Breakfast????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/baby-back-ribs-breakfast-t202163.html)

auntpiggylpn 10-02-2012 06:58 PM

Baby Back Ribs for Breakfast?????

1 Attachment(s)
Not a usual menu choice for me but that is what my Shepherd/Akita BG ate this morning! We have a french door refridgerator and the freezer is at the bottom. She was able to open the freezer door and proceeded to to eat not 1 but 2 full racks of frozen baby back ribs! We had just smoked them on Saturday! I am currently doing a 3 month externship at my vet clinic so off to work she went with me! Her punishment was to sit in the dog run in the hospital part of the clinic all day!!! There have been no complications so far and the vet said that of all the bones for a dog to eat, rib bones are the safest because they are smaller, smoother and don't splinter. There is now a child lock on the freezer and she is none too happy about it!!! Here is BG after she had her "breakfast"

DACO48 10-02-2012 07:18 PM

. . . . .and a "smilin" happy girl she is!!

lynnie 10-02-2012 07:19 PM

Omg, read this to my dh...sorry, but i lmao

Prism99 10-02-2012 07:25 PM

Oh, my. My dh still tells the story of the German shepherd he had back in the U.K. He had gone grocery shopping, made several trips from the car to the kitchen to unload, put everything away ..... and then couldn't find the beef roast when it came time to make dinner. He had noticed that the dog seemed very lethargic that day, :shock: and finally located the plastic wrap. That was all that was left of the roast. (The dog was fine!)

sassey 10-02-2012 07:51 PM

Sometimes our fur babies are naughter then our kids lol

auntpiggylpn 10-02-2012 08:07 PM

The really upsetting part is that the 2 racks she ate for breakfast cost as much as a big bag of her Iams dogfood!!!

irishrose 10-02-2012 10:00 PM

My dogs know that their food comes from the white box in the kitchen, but they're never tried self serve. The Siberian mix has scarfed thawing packages from the counter. At least she had the grace to give the BC mix hers. There was an empty plastic bag on each bed. Were the beef bones still raw? Or does smoking cook them? Some raw feeders believe in gorging their animals - they are allowed to eat as much as they want every three days or so with nothing in between. Or just light snacks, but I can't do that.

BG is a beauty. And very contented looking.

barri1 10-03-2012 02:56 AM

My little guy didn't know the happiness of going into the garbage could be until my niece (golden doodle) came over. The two got into the garbage. When I got home, he had the biggest grin on his face. If he could talk,he would've been bragging how wonderful it was. He hasn't gotten into the garbage again, as it is now in a can. As for Doddle.. She's another story.

rebeljane 10-03-2012 03:19 AM

Naughty dog, but I bet she enjoyed them lol

erstan947 10-03-2012 03:34 AM

Oh, so funny...gotta love them dogs:)