Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Back to the Classroom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/back-classroom-t87108.html)

rebeccai 01-02-2011 02:59 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a very Happy New Year! I just want to say that I have enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful quilts, reading up on quilting advice, and just reading and browsing the board. BUT now our winter break from school is over and I will be heading back to the classroom on Tuesday. I am a 4th grade teacher and have to return to my wonderful children who I truly miss. Hopefully I will find time to stop by and visit with all of you. Most of all I hope I get a chance to begin some of my quilting projects soon!!! Everyone here from the beginner to the veteran quilter has been a true inspiration.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-02-2011 03:00 PM

Those kids are LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!

bj 01-02-2011 03:02 PM

Have fun. I'm a retired mostly 4th grade teacher (Math and Science) and there are days I miss it. Mostly, though, I enjoy retirement. When our winter break is over, I hope to volunteer some in my grandson's school here.

B. Louise 01-02-2011 03:03 PM

Yes, rebeccai, tomorrow is back to school. I'm so glad I have a teaching job that I love. It does interfere with time to quilt, but it pays bills and gives me some $$ to spend on projects.

lots2do 01-02-2011 03:03 PM

Happy New Year to you, too! I'm back to school tomorrow - third grade for me. I am really hoping to carve out some extra creative time each week, though...we'll see how that works out!

Maggiesmom 01-02-2011 03:26 PM

I must say I wish you all a blessed New Year. In my mind teachers are the most least appreciated people. Your choice of profession just shows how special you are.

rusty quilter 01-02-2011 04:18 PM

Just retired from 4th grade in June. It was so wonderful--and retirement is even more wonderful than I could have imagined...enjoy the ride...the quilts will wait.

barnbum 01-02-2011 04:33 PM

I'm back to 5th grade tomorrow! We had 10 days off--but I was under the weather for most. Today has been the best day. I'm thinking tomorrow after chores, school, chores, grading book reports (due tomorrow!) there won't be sewing time.... but in seven weeks there's another break!! :-D

jayelee 01-02-2011 06:05 PM

Tomorrow is back to school for me also. I teach at a Christian School that is just getting back on its feet I am the only teacher for school age children 1st grade and up. We also have a preschool teacher and a couple of daycare teachers.I have one first grader , one second grader, two third graders, two fifth graders, one tenth grader and two seniors that have been with me for four years now. The rest are new this year, very busy but I do miss it.

barnbum 01-02-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by jayelee
Tomorrow is back to school for me also. I teach at a Christian School that is just getting back on its feet I am the only teacher for school age children 1st grade and up. We also have a preschool teacher and a couple of daycare teachers.I have one first grader , one second grader, two third graders, two fifth graders, one tenth grader and two seniors that have been with me for four years now. The rest are new this year, very busy but I do miss it.

That sounds challenging--but rewarding!!