Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   bad weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bad-weather-t120422.html)

amyjo 05-02-2011 07:07 PM

So here is the deal. We have a bad april spring snow storm. It starts out as rain, then changes to snow and woops all of a sudden the wind is blowing like hell and the power goes out at 6:50 am on Sat the 30th. We do not have power for 2 1/2 days when I left this morning to go to my folks in Minot so that I could get showered and ready to drive to Fargo with my new supervisor for training for ag statistics for 4 days. Keep in mind now there is no power at home. I probably won't have power at home til at the very least on Wed or Thurs. Everything in my refrigerator will be shot, everything in my freezer will be not much good except the bread and rolls I bought for my hubby to eat while I was gone. at least he can open cans and heat them on the propane cooktove that I had the foresight to buy without any electrical parts on her at all. he can stay warm and eat hot food should he choose to do so. Maybe will go to town to eat. When I come back from here I am not going home. I will have to work in Minot before that and then to New Town. So it is going to be a long week. I will have to do laundry at my folks place thurs. The rural electric service in our neck of the woods is out, becuase the ice and the wind took down many electrical poles carrying the lines out in the country for us to have power. Well, sorry to be so long winded, but there she be. No computer til next week, except here at the hotel.

erstan947 05-02-2011 07:11 PM

Sometimes weather can be the pits no matter where you live. Hang in there. Next week will be better, surly.

craftybear 05-02-2011 07:19 PM

Please stay safe! I am so tired of our bad weather also

Painiacs 05-02-2011 08:11 PM

I'm soo sorry! I feel bad complaining our furnace died and the weather has been snowing off and on! At least I have electricity to use a space heater!

Airwick156 05-02-2011 09:25 PM

I am to the point that I don't think there is going to be spring this year. I think its going to spring right into Summer.

Jammin' Jane 05-02-2011 09:27 PM

It's in the 30s here in Minnesota! There's no putting away the winter parkas yet...and it's May! Yikes! We even saw some snowflakes again today!

wanda lou 05-02-2011 09:41 PM

Hang in there it will get better.

BETTY62 05-03-2011 01:02 AM

May your week pass fast. Good luck and enjoy being in a warm hotel with a hot shower, a TV and I hope room service. Be very careful on your drive home.

mltquilt 05-03-2011 08:02 AM

Be careful out in that type of weather.

mltquilt

amyjo 05-07-2011 05:02 PM

I am back in Minot staying at my folks place. they headed out to Rapid City to see my sister this morning. I called the dh a little while ago and there is stll no power at my house. dh is really po'd that we still do not have power. Bet they won't cut a deal on the rates. At least I have been getting my census work done. oooh and I picked up my 1897 singer yesterday from the guy who fixes and cleans them up. he had to put a new foot on it as the power went full speed ahead. no way to sew with it that way, and i am anxious to try it.