Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bags to Store Pots & Pans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bags-store-pots-pans-t258222.html)

weasier22 12-14-2014 04:51 PM

Bags to Store Pots & Pans

4 Attachment(s)
Since moving into to live with my son after my husband passed away this year, I have not had my own pots and pans to cook. I've been missing them dearly and finally brought them out of storage. There isn't room for them in the kitchen, so I am going to store them in the garage. Hence ... bags!! I am using my flannel PJ stash to make the bags. I'm working on a tutorial to post for anyone who might want to make the bag. I didn't have any instructions, so I just "winged it"! I'm thinking about how I am going to cover the pots with long handles. My wheels are churning. I know I will probably end up incorporating a sleeve for the handle. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

NikkiLu 12-14-2014 04:56 PM

Wonderful idea!!! Maybe you could make the opening for the bags on the side instead of the top and the handles can just stick out?????

KLO 12-14-2014 04:58 PM

What a great idea! You have here a great demonstration of the saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". And using the flannel PJs AND putting a label on the outside so you know what size the pans are is genius!
So sorry about the loss of your hubby but glad to hear you are with family now.

Onebyone 12-14-2014 05:45 PM

If you are doing a lot of cooking then store your son's cookware in the bags and put yours in the kitchen. Do you really think he will notice what cookware is in the kitchen?

weasier22 12-14-2014 06:15 PM

My son is very meticulous. He does his own cooking and knows what is in his kitchen. So to answer your question, Yes ... he will notice. I don't mind having to get my pots from the garage. Actually I will be keeping some of the smaller ones in my room on a shelf to have them handy. I do have some things in his kitchen, space allowing. I respect his space. It's his home and he has been generous enough to have me in his home. For that, I love him even more. There are a lot of children in this world who will not have much to do with their parents. I am fortunate to have two wonderful children who are caring and loving. I am blessed.

coopah 12-15-2014 05:45 AM

Wonderful idea! Kudos to you and your son for making your situation work. You're right, not many will do that.

quiltin-nannie 12-15-2014 05:54 AM

What a clever idea! I like that you even have a picture of what is in the bag!

sparkys_mom 12-15-2014 06:01 AM

What a great idea ... and, as coopah said, kudos to both of you for making it work.

bearisgray 12-15-2014 06:07 AM

nice looking cookware. I can see why you missed using it.

your flannel bags are definitely a step up from the plastic bags I have been using.

SewExtremeSeams 12-15-2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by weasier22 (Post 7008013)
There are a lot of children in this world who will not have much to do with their parents.

You hit the nail on the head! I cannot tell you how many people I know whose adult children will not have anything to do with them. It is like an epidemic. You are truly blessed.

Your creativity is so terrific. Sew glad you are planning to do a tutorial. The photo on the bag labeling as to what it is is also very creative. Thanks for showing us.