Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Baked donuts from a cake mix? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/baked-donuts-cake-mix-t167855.html)

Sue Fish 11-12-2011 11:23 AM

Baked donuts from a cake mix?

Recently I saw an ad for the donut pan and they said there was a recipe for making them in the oven with a cake mix..anyone seen this? I can not remember who's ad it was..I got the pan at Michaels and am anxious to try this....not fried...and with a cake mix....

jad1044 11-12-2011 12:00 PM

Here's a recipe for vanilla cake mix doughnuts -

Baked Doughnuts

Makes: 18-20 3-inch Doughnuts
Active Time: 13-15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Tools Required: Medium Bowl, Doughnut Pan, Two Small Bowls, Spatula, Oven Thermometer
Ingredients
For Doughnuts:
Full box Vanilla Cake Mix
2 large eggs
1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk

For Topping:
Store bought vanilla frosting
Store bought chocolate frosting
1/3 cup chocolate sprinkles
1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
1/3 cup white sprinkles
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions
For Doughnuts:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease doughnut pan. Combine eggs, butter, and milk. Add mix. Stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared doughnut pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.

For Topping:
Place vanilla frosting and chocolate frosting in separate small bowls. Melt frosting until creamy. Place doughnuts upside down into melted frosting.

NCquilter 11-12-2011 12:03 PM

Yum, those sound tasty

kay carlson 11-12-2011 12:06 PM

Yum :)

Now, I'm brain-storming trying to think of what I have on hand without purchasing another specialty pan. Do you think I could use my mini-muffin pans for oddly shaped "donut holes?"

wanda lou 11-12-2011 12:52 PM

Yummy!!!!!!!

Teach 11-12-2011 02:55 PM

Great! Thank you..... Now I, too, have to get a doughnut pan or figure something out. Thanks for posting the question and the recipe.:o

QUILTNMO 11-12-2011 04:48 PM

will have to look for the donut pan thanks fors for sharing

margon 11-19-2012 09:08 AM

Doughnut Maker

I recently purchased one of these doughnut pans and tried the recipe below but used a lemon cake mix instead.
Since the recipe did not dictate whether or not to fill the doughnut batter to the top......I did!
Unfortunately, when they baked, the "HOLE" was covered over. So I improvised.
I turned the "doughnuts" over, filled the "hole" with lemon curd, then drizzled a lemon glaze (lemon juice, powdered sugar, a little milk until creamy) all over. Wahlah! I had lemon glazed doughnuts! They were a hit!
Goes to show mistakes can be an opportunity to create other goodies.
I can see the endless possibilities: jelly filled, cream filled, etc.

Baked Doughnuts

Tools Required: Medium Bowl, Doughnut Pan, Two Small Bowls, Spatula, Oven Thermometer
Ingredients
For Doughnuts:
2 large eggs
1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk

For Topping:
1/3 cup white sprinkles
Directions
For Doughnuts:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease doughnut pan. Combine eggs, butter, and milk. Add mix. Stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared doughnut pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.

For Topping:
Place vanilla frosting and chocolate frosting in separate small bowls. Melt frosting until creamy. Place doughnuts upside down into melted frosting.[/QUOTE]

Sue Fish 11-20-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by margon (Post 5667427)
I recently purchased one of these doughnut pans and tried the recipe below but used a lemon cake mix instead.
Since the recipe did not dictate whether or not to fill the doughnut batter to the top......I did!
Unfortunately, when they baked, the "HOLE" was covered over. So I improvised.
I turned the "doughnuts" over, filled the "hole" with lemon curd, then drizzled a lemon glaze (lemon juice, powdered sugar, a little milk until creamy) all over. Wahlah! I had lemon glazed doughnuts! They were a hit!
Goes to show mistakes can be an opportunity to create other goodies.
I can see the endless possibilities: jelly filled, cream filled, etc.

Baked Doughnuts

Ingredients
For Doughnuts:
2 large eggs
1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk

For Topping:
1/3 cup white sprinkles
Directions
For Doughnuts:

For Topping:
Place vanilla frosting and chocolate frosting in separate small bowls. Melt frosting until creamy. Place doughnuts upside down into melted frosting.

[/QUOTE]

This is great thanks so much...will try it!