Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bananas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bananas-t48324.html)

sweet 06-04-2010 06:17 AM

I enjoy a little banana now and again. What I do with the peel might give some of you a chuckle. I take the peel and use it all over my face. Suppose to be a good moisturizer or something. I know that my dogs like me a little better. :) Also, did you ever try opening a banana the way monkey's do? They squeeze the bottom apart.
I saw a u-tube about it a while back, and it does work! And I always enjoyed Eddie Murphy's comment that goes something like "you ain't puttin no banana in my tailpipe". I forget the movie but he did that to stall a car.

any banana thoughts today?

QuiltingGrannie 06-04-2010 06:19 AM

I have one about every day!

Don't know about the banana on your face, but I know a co worker who had really bad acne. He had been eating dandelions and (for some reason) starting putting the milk from the dandelion stem onto his face. His acne is now ALL gone! He looks like a different person!

lyndad 06-04-2010 06:31 AM

I think I remember a thread about mashing a portion of a banana, applying to face then letting it dry. Wash your face and apply olive oil. I haven't tried it but all the replies I read seemed favorable.

mochasue 06-04-2010 07:15 AM

That was me that posted about the banana mask! It is awesome. It makes my face feel soooooo soft after. I do it 2 times a week. I love it.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-04-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I have one about every day!

Don't know about the banana on your face, but I know a co worker who had really bad acne. He had been eating dandelions and (for some reason) starting putting the milk from the dandelion stem onto his face. His acne is now ALL gone! He looks like a different person!

That's interesting about dandelions for acne. Great news for your friend~! We eat them all the time. They are loaded with nutrients and are a great natural diuretic. We keep the backyard natural so we have plenty. In the winter we get them at Whole Foods when they have them. My Gram always ate them and that's what got me started :D
Mixed with other salad greens they are really good. I pick the smallish leaves b/c they aren't as bitter.

marymc 06-04-2010 08:09 AM

I am severely allergic to bananas (think ER) so I shudder at the thought. I'm glad you can enjoy them; they are a great source of potassium.

Janetlmt 06-04-2010 09:25 AM

This is very interesting. I have adult acne..and have been to a dermatologist numerous times. At the moment it seems to be diminishing..I think because of the hormones I take for breast cancer. I am going to try the banana on my face and see what happens. There are lots of dandelions in my yard..I will try that one side. I can hear dh..he jokes about all the stuff I have to put on my face. Thank you ladies

ginnie6 06-04-2010 09:28 AM

if you want an awesome deep hair conditioner take a really ripe banana and mix it really good with some honey. Make sure its all smooshed up good. Then leave it on at least 30 minutes. your hair will be so soft and shiny.

reach for the stars 2 06-04-2010 10:23 AM

Too funny, never new a banana was good for the skin. I remember the movie but can't think of the name either. Sometimes I don't know my name lol

CarrieAnne 06-04-2010 12:36 PM

I throw my banana peels by the roses. Supposed to be good for them!